- "No, no, not the T-47! I can fly anything, but that doesn't mean I want to. Piloting the T-47 is like steering a block of wood."
- ―Poe Dameron
The T-47 airspeeder, also known as the T-47 light airspeeder, was a model of low-altitude vehicle manufactured by Incom Corporation. When the Alliance to Restore the Republic was stationed on the icy planet of Hoth, a contingent of T-47 airspeeders were modified to become ground attack, low-altitude fighters called snowspeeders. Hoth's extreme cold temperatures were too severe for these craft; the power generators would lock up since they ran hot, requiring a large bank of heat radiator fins for essential cooling. Rebel technicians modified the T-47 airspeeder by insulating each radiator fin with side panels to decrease the heat exchange in order to better suit the new environment.[source?]
A small, wedge-shaped vehicle, the Alliance snowspeeder was a two-person craft, with a pilot and a rear-facing tailgunner with a speed of 1,100 kph. It had two forward-facing heavy laser cannons and a harpoon cannon placed ahead of the tailgunner. During the Battle of Hoth, these snowspeeders used tow cables to disable All Terrain Armored Transport walkers by firing the tow cable and chasing it out around the walker's legs, stopping its locomotion and immobilizing the walker.
Behind the scenes
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- LEGO STAR WARS: Celebrate the Season – "Reindeer Walker"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Showdown on Hoth"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return to the Wheel" (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Flight of the Falcon" (In flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "The Power at Jakku"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- The LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special