- "No, no, not the T-47! I can fly anything, but that doesn't mean I want to. Piloting the T-47 is like steering a block of wood."
- ―Poe Dameron
The T-47 airspeeder, also known as the T-47 light airspeeder, was a model of low-altitude vehicle manufactured by Incom Corporation. When the Alliance to Restore the Republic was stationed on the icy planet of Hoth, a contingent of T-47 airspeeders were modified to become ground attack, low-altitude fighters called snowspeeders. Hoth's extreme cold temperatures were too severe for these craft; the power generators would lock up since they ran hot, requiring a large bank of heat radiator fins for essential cooling. Rebel technicians modified the T-47 airspeeder by insulating each radiator fin with side panels to decrease the heat exchange in order to better suit the new environment.
A small, wedge-shaped vehicle, the Alliance snowspeeder was a two-person craft, with a pilot and a rear-facing tailgunner with a speed of 1,100 kph. It had two heavy, forward-facing laser cannons and a harpoon cannon placed ahead of the tailgunner. During the Battle of Hoth, these snowspeeders used tow cables to easily disable All Terrain Armored Transport walkers by firing the tow cable and chasing it out around the walker's legs, stopping its locomotion and immobilizing the walker.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Showdown on Hoth"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Flight of the Falcon" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Classic Star Wars (Set: 75074 Snowspeeder)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines (First identified as T-47 light airspeeder)
- Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope & Courage
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
Notes and referencesEdit
- Snowspeeder on Wikipedia