- "No, no, not the T-47! I can fly anything, but that doesn't mean I want to. Piloting the T-47 is like steering a block of wood."
- ―Poe Dameron
The T-47 airspeeder, also known as the T-47 light airspeeder, was a model of low-altitude vehicle manufactured by Incom Corporation. When the Alliance to Restore the Republic was stationed on the icy planet of Hoth, a contingent of T-47 airspeeders were modified to become ground attack, low-altitude fighters called snowspeeders. Hoth's extreme cold temperatures were too severe for these craft; the power generators would lock up since they ran hot, requiring a large bank of heat radiator fins for essential cooling. Rebel technicians modified the T-47 airspeeder by insulating each radiator fin with side panels to decrease the heat exchange in order to better suit the new environment.[source?]
A small, wedge-shaped vehicle, the Alliance snowspeeder was a two-person craft, with a pilot and a rear-facing tailgunner with a speed of 1,100 kph. It had two forward-facing heavy laser cannons and a harpoon cannon placed ahead of the tailgunner. During the Battle of Hoth, these snowspeeders used tow cables to disable All Terrain Armored Transport (AT-AT) walkers by firing the tow cable and chasing it out around the walker's legs, stopping its locomotion and immobilizing the walker.
Behind the scenes
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- LEGO STAR WARS: Celebrate the Season – "Reindeer Walker"
- LEGO STAR WARS: Celebrate the Season – "New Year's Hothin' Eve"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Showdown on Hoth"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return to the Wheel" (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Flight of the Falcon" (In flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "The Power at Jakku"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- The LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special