- "Well, I asked for a dozen T-85 X-wings with cloaking devices. Guess they got held up in transit."
- ―Poe Dameron of the Resistance shortly before the Battle of Crait
Incom-FreiTek's T-85 X-wing starfighter was an advanced version of the old T-65B X-wing starfighter. The X-wings featured 4 fusial thrust engines and were equipped with a hyperdrive. The engines could reach speeds up to 1,300 KPH and 120 MGLT. The craft was flown by 1 pilot with an onboard astromech droid for assistance. Additional systems included deflector shields and sensors.
For armament, they carried four KX14 laser cannons on the S-foils which deployed in the classic "X"-shape. The cockpit was placed near the rear, with a snub nose. Some craft were colored gray with blue trim, and had the words "Republic Navy" written on their hulls in Aurebesh.
The T-85s were flown by the New Republic Defense Fleet in the decades after the Battle of Endor. Commander Poe Dameron flew T-85 X-wings with the rest of Rapier Squadron while serving the New Republic. Dameron was subsequently recruited into the Resistance, becoming the leader of Black Squadron.
While on a mission from New Republic Command, Kazuda Xiono's team employed T-85s. They were sent to rendezvous with the Resistance to pass along intelligence. Major Elrik Vonreg of the First Order engaged them. Xiono ordered his wingmen to escape, but his craft was damaged. Commander Dameron's arrival at the site saved Xiono, allowing them to trap and damage Vonreg's TIE with his sole remaining cannon, forcing him to retreat. Xiono's craft was then towed aboard a CR90 corvette.
The New Republic's T-85 X-wing fleet was atomized when the First Order destroyed the Hosnian system in 34 ABY. Shortly afterward, Commander Dameron joked to General Leia Organa that he had ordered a shipment of the T-85s in the leadup to the Battle of Crait as the Resistance fled the First Order counter-attack.
Following the devastating losses at Crait, the Resistance was down to only a small amount of men and material. Meanwhile the First Order had begun large-scale scrapping of captured New Republic ships. General Organa ordered a team to the scrap planet Bracca, and Shriv Suurgav led Dross Squadron to recover several starships, including one T-85.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Age of Resistance - Poe Dameron 1
- "Kidnapped!"—Star Wars Adventures 24
- Before the Awakening (First appearance)
- Poe and the Missing Ship
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit" (First pictured)
- Force Collector (Mentioned only) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Mentioned only)
- Resistance Reborn
- Resistance Reborn audiobook
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – The Official Collector's Edition
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Rebel Starfighters Owners' Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Before the Awakening
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 Rebel Starfighters Owners' Workshop Manual
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Resistance Reborn
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit"
- ↑ Poe Dameron 1
- ↑ Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition