A T3 web comber was a device that was silver in color and consisted of a conical body with a long tube coming out of the tip. Anakin Skywalker, a slave who lived in the city of Mos Espa on the planet Tatooine, kept a T3 web comber on the workbench in his bedroom. Skywalker used the workbench for building the protocol droid C-3PO, and the comber sat next to the droid when Skywalker showed his creation off to Queen Padmé Amidala and the astromech droid R2-D2 in 32 BBY. When Skywalker later left Tatooine to join the Jedi Order, the T3 web comber was not amongst the possessions he packed to take with him.
Behind the scenesEdit
A T3 web comber first appeared in the 1999 prequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. The device was first named in the new Star Wars canon in the 2016 reference book Star Wars: Complete Locations. The name originated in the 2000 Star Wars Legends reference book Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I, which which was written by Kristin Lund.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- The Skywalker Saga
- The Prequel Trilogy Stories
- The Phantom Menace Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Jedi vs. Sith - The Skywalker Saga"
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Star Wars Droids"
- Star Wars: Droid Factory (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (First identified as T3 web comber)
- (Picture only)