The TIE/ba Baron Space Superiority Interceptor also known as the TIE/ba interceptor or TIE Baron was a model of TIE interceptor deployed by the First Order. One ship was used by Major Elrik Vonreg during the cold war in his encounters with the New Republic and the Resistance.
The TIE/ba Baron Space Superiority Interceptor was a class of interceptor that was manufactured by Sienar-Jaemus Fleet Systems for the First Order. The TIE Baron was equipped with a hyperdrive due to the First Order equipping its higher-end models with modern technology, and its all-crimson design suggested the pilot's skills far surpassed those of the Special Forces TIE pilots, who flew in ships adorned with a red stripe only.
The TIE Baron was equipped with four solar collector wings and an antenna on the ship's cockpit. The twin ion engines were powered by two ion reactors with pre-charged deuterium power cells, which were capable of achieving an atmospheric speed of 1,250 kph. It was armed with four wingtip L-s9.7 laser cannons and projectile launchers capable of firing ST7 concussion missiles and mag-pulse warheads. It was well-protected with shielding and contained an ejector seat. The starfighter was equipped with a class 2 hyperdrive.
First Order Major Elrik Vonreg personally helped guide the enhancement of previous designs to create the TIE Baron, and it was engineered to be precise and lethal. It was crewed by a single pilot, and managed by an experimental Torplex flight computer.
The TIE Baron was an interceptor craft used for combat, and often struck fear against Resistance pilots who encountered them. A single TIE Baron could successfully engage an entire squadron of fighters.
The TIE Baron saw use by the First Order during the cold war with the New Republic and the Resistance. Major Elrik Vonreg used his TIE Baron in 34 ABY when he ambushed a New Republic squadron led by Kazuda Xiono on a mission to rendezvous with the Resistance. Vonreg was forced to retreat once Resistance reinforcements arrived in the form of Commander Poe Dameron and a CR90 corvette.
Sometime later, Vonreg led his squadron to Station Theta Black to escort Captain Phasma and her Upsilon-class command shuttle, where he once again encountered Dameron and Xiono and engaged them in combat, although they were able to escape. Eventually, Dameron and Xiono again met up and launched an mission to the Dassal system, where they found celestial bodies with their cores drilled out. Their presence alerted a spider probe droid, which notified Major Vonreg. Another engagement ensued, although Dameron and Xiono were able to escape once again.
Once the occupation of the Colossus began and a full garrison arrived, Vonreg and his squadron patrolled the surrounding area and were incorporated in the garrison. Vonreg fought in his TIE Baron again when forces loyal to the Resistance and led by Xiono engaged the First Order to liberate themselves. During the battle, Vonreg was killed when his TIE Baron was destroyed by Xiono in battle.
Behind the scenesEdit
The TIE Baron first appeared in the debut episode of the 2018 animated series Star Wars Resistance, The Recruit. It was later identified in an announcement article for Fantasy Flight Games' Major Vonreg's TIE Expansion Pack.
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Resistance – "Station Theta Black"
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Core Problem"
- Star Wars Resistance – "No Escape: Part 1"
- Star Wars Resistance – "No Escape: Part 2"
- Choose Your Destiny: A Finn & Poe Adventure
- (First pictured)
- Star Wars Resistance: Meet the Pilots
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition (First identified as TIE Baron)
- (First identified as TIE/ba Baron Space Superiority Interceptor)
- Major Vonreg's TIE Expansion Pack
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit"
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- ↑ Star Wars Resistance – "Station Theta Black"
- ↑ Star Wars Resistance – "The Core Problem"
- ↑ Star Wars Resistance – "No Escape: Part 1"
- ↑ Star Wars Resistance – "No Escape: Part 2"