The TIE/dg starfighter, also known as the TIE dagger, or the Sith TIE fighter, was a type of Sith TIE line starship that was forged in secret by forces under the command of the reborn Emperor Palpatine, along with the Xyston-class Star Destroyer and other new technology created by the Final Order.
The TIE/dg had an armament of laser cannons beneath the ball cockpit, and two heavy laser cannons between the solar collector wing and the suspended winglet. These cannons gave it a deadly punch in Starfighter combat. It was manufactured by Sienar-Jaemus Fleet Systems and had red designs. It had a cockpit, two triangular-shaped wings that featured solar collectors, and twin ion engines. Its appearance gave the vessel a menacing profile, as well as its menacing name.
It saw use during the war between the First Order and the Resistance as a new generation of starfighter. The TIE/dg was one of the two sole ship classes used by the Sith Eternal, With the other being the Xyston-class Star Destroyer. It was launched from hanger bays of the Xyston-class Star Destroyer, adjacent to the axial superlaser. This ship proved its excellence in dogfighting at the Battle of Exegol, as alongside the Star Destroyers that made up the Sith Eternal fleet, it nearly obliterated the Resistance until Lando Calrissian and Chewbacca arrived just in time with an overwhelming force of starships. Ultimately, the Sith-affiliated forces were defeated.
Behind the scenesEdit
The TIE dagger was featured in the 2019 film Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker. The ship was first introduced with the reveal of the cover for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary during the Lucasfilm Publishing panel held at San Diego Comic-Con on July 20, 2019. It was first identified in Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition.
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
- (First mentioned)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition (First identified as TIE/dg starfighter)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Galactic Guide (as TIE dagger)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Ultimate Star Wars establishes that TIE line starships were equipped with twin ion engines.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ 6.0 6.1