The TIE/fc starfighter, which stood for "fire control", was a variant of the TIE/LN starfighter. It carried only one laser cannon, as several sensors replaced the second laser cannon found on traditional TIE fighters. The TIE/gt starfighter was designed to be dependent on the precise targeting information provided by the TIE/fc starfighter, though large structures could still be destroyed without the TIE/fc's assistance.
The TIE/fc was primarily designed to scan an enemy base and transmit the information back to the fleet. The fleet ships would then be able to attack the base and evade the enemy's defenses. Because of its importance, the craft was designed to be very maneuverable.
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Star Wars Campaign Pack
- Imperial Sourcebook
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Imperial Sourcebook, Second Edition
- "Alliance Intelligence Report: TIE Fighters"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- Star Wars: Chronicles
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 7 (TIE1, TIE Fighter)
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels