TIE/mg Mining Guild starfighters, also known as Mining Guild TIE fighters, were modified TIE/ln space superiority starfighters that the Mining Guild was allowed to use due to its association with the Galactic Empire.
In order to make the fighters clearly distinct from the ones in direct service of the Empire, they had a yellow color scheme. They also had a notch cut in their stabilizers, giving them only eight solar collectors instead of twelve, which gave them improved visibility, but greatly diminished their combat capabilities and maneuverability. They were equipped with basic shielding to protect the investment in the equipment and training of the pilots. The Mining Guild also retrofitted the starfighter with specialized sensors to detect and analyze valuable resources.
The Mining Guild used TIE/mg starfighters to patrol their territory and prevent theft of valuable materials and gasses. They were also used to scan for precious minerals and gasses.
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Dawn of Rebellion (First identified as TIE/mg Mining Guild starfighter)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- TIE Fighter Owners' Workshop Manual
- X-Wing: Second Edition – Mining Guild TIE Expansion Pack (Card: Captain Seevor—Noisy Nuisance—Modified TIE/LN Fighter)
- X-Wing: Second Edition – Mining Guild TIE Expansion Pack (Card: Foreman Proach—Modified TIE/LN Fighter)
- X-Wing: Second Edition – Mining Guild TIE Expansion Pack (Card: Ahhav)
- X-Wing: Second Edition – Mining Guild TIE Expansion Pack (Card: Mining Guild Surveyor—Modified TIE/LN Fighter)
- (First identified as Mining Guild TIE fighter)