The TIE/rp Reaper attack lander, also known simply as the TIE Reaper, was a troop carrier variant of Sienar Fleet Systems's TIE line used by the Galactic Empire. The TIE Reaper differed from the standard craft of the TIE line in that it was a troop carrier; designed for ferrying troops amidst the heat of battle, such as the death troopers on Scarif in the outbreak of the Galactic Civil War.
The TIE/rp Reaper attack lander was a troop carrier variant of the TIE line. Also known as the TIE Reaper, the starship was manufactured by Sienar Fleet Systems, as with all crafts of the TIE line, and used by the Galactic Empire.
The transport was designed specifically to ferry elite troops to flashpoints on a battlefield. Thus, the attack lander featured two streamlined flat, pointed, horizontal wings, which had a large horizontal stabilizer hinged between and functioned also as solar collectors. Thrust was provided by the TIE Reaper's twin ion engines.
The TIE Reaper was similar in design to the TIE/sk x1 experimental air superiority fighter, also known as the TIE striker, a streamlined TIE variant specialized for in-atmosphere missions, such as patrolling important Imperial ground-based installations.
At least one TIE Reaper was present in the Ring of Kafrene during Rebel Alliance Captain Cassian Andor's mission to the asteroid belt in 0 BBY. Another TIE Reaper was present during the mission to Eadu, piloted by Captain Feroph. Another TIE Reaper was present near the Scarif Shield Gate, where it was piloted by Major Vermeil of the Imperial Starfighter Corps.
A TIE Reaper was used during the Battle of Scarif with Imperial Director of Advanced Weapons Research Orson Krennic's detatchment of death troopers—elite soldiers of Imperial Intelligence. The squad was inserted into battle to defeat Rogue One—a squad of rebel soldiers who took it upon themselves to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire's moon-sized battlestation and planet-killing superweapon. In order to ensure the TIE Reaper could successfully insert the squad, it was escorted by a flight of TIE strikers.
A pair of TIE Reapers were utilized by Imperial forces under Darth Vader to travel to the Meridional Ice Cap on Tython, expecting, albeit erroneously, to find the Rebel Alliance's base of operations.
Behind the scenesEdit
The TIE/rp Reaper attack lander first appeared, albeit unnamed, in the 2016 film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and was designed by co-production designer Doug Chiang. The starship first identified as TIE Reaper in Electronic Arts' mobile game Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (First identified as TIE Reaper)
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One Adaptation 6
- Doctor Aphra 40
- "In Service to the Empire"—Empire Ascendant 1
- Alphabet Squadron
- Poe Dameron 10
- The Art of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – TIE Reaper Expansion Pack
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Knights of Fate (First identified as TIE/rp Reaper attack lander)
- TIE Fighter Owners' Workshop Manual
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- ↑ 5.00 5.01 5.02 5.03 5.04 5.05 5.06 5.07 5.08 5.09 5.10 5.11 5.12 TIE Fighter Owners' Workshop Manual
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 Doctor Aphra 40
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – TIE Reaper Expansion Pack (Card: Scarif Base Pilot—TIE Reaper)
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- ↑ 10.0 10.1
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – TIE Reaper Expansion Pack (Card: Major Vermeil—TIE Reaper)
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Poe Dameron 10
- ↑ Knights of Fate
- ↑ Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – TIE Reaper Expansion Pack (Card: Captain Feroph—TIE Reaper)