The TIE/wi modified interceptor, also known as the TIE whisper or simply the whisper, was a First Order TIE line interceptor used during the war against the Resistance by Kylo Ren. During the war, Ren used his TIE whisper to confront Rey on Pasaana.
The TIE/wi modified interceptor was a starfighter which was brought up to the exact specification of Supreme Leader Kylo Ren of the First Order. As such, it had increased speed, range, and more firepower than a standard model. It was manufactured by Sienar-Jaemus Fleet Systems and like other starships of the TIE line, had a twin ion engine and its wings were solar collectors, which were similar in appearance to Ren's previous ship, the TIE/vn space superiority fighter. It had four laser cannons at the tip of each wing, five heavy cannons between the two main solar collectors on each wing, and a heavy weapons turret with mag-pulses and heavy lasers. In addition, it had a round cockpit that featured red designs and an antenna at the rear. The TIE whisper was also equipped with sensor-confusing technology that allowed for a degree of stealth.
The TIE whisper entered service during the war between the First Order and the Resistance, with one used by Ren, replacing his TIE/vn space superiority fighter. Ren used his new TIE whisper to travel to Exegol where he confronted Darth Sidious, who revealed his Star Destroyer fleet and ordered him to kill Rey and end the Jedi. Ren later used his TIE to confront the Jedi Rey on the desert world Pasaana, during which she jumped over his ship and sliced off one of its wings, causing it to crash. Ren flew another TIE of the same model to Kef Bir, where he again confronted Rey in a lightsaber duel. Defeating and wounding him, Rey took the TIE and flew it to Ahch-To, where she burned it, pledging that she would follow the path of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and exile herself to the island. However, Skywalker's Force spirit confronted her and convinced her to continue the fight. Rey then took the wayfinder from the wreckage and departed the planet in Luke's old X-wing starfighter.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Kylo Ren vs. Resistance Rebels"
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition audiobook
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel audiobook
- Star Wars: We Are the Resistance (First appearance)
- The Rise of Skywalker Adaptation 1
- (First pictured)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition (First identified as TIE/wi modified interceptor)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Galactic Guide
- "Battle Beyond the Stars"—Star Wars Insider 194
- The Art of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- "TIE Fighters" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- (Picture only)