- "The general's description of your tactics have been one hundred percent accurate today. Very impressive, even by my standards."
- ―TV-94, to Anakin Skywalker
TV-94 was a T-series military strategic analysis and tactics droid that served General Grievous and the Confederacy of Independent Systems.
Biography[edit | edit source]
After General Grievous had captured Jedi Master Eeth Koth, he held the Jedi prisoner aboard the bridge of a Recusant-class light destroyer serving as the General's flagship at the time. TV-94 served as General Grievous' tactical advisor and second-in-command aboard the flagship. He informed Grievous that they had entered the Saleucami system.
Not long thereafter, the Galactic Republic launched a mission to rescue Koth. A Republic fleet arrived at Saleucami and engaged Grievous' fleet. TV-94 advised to be careful as the Republic's Venator-class Star Destroyers were faster than their own. After it became clear that Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi was leading the Republic fleet Grievous quickly concluded that Kenobi was likely planning on distracting them while Anakin Skywalker, who often fought beside Kenobi, would try to rescue Koth.
Grievous had Kenobi's command ship caught in a tractor beam and their ships locked with a docking tube. Grievous went with a group of MagnaGuards and battle droids through the docking tube to board Kenobi's ship and face the Jedi Master, while leaving TV-94 in charge of the bridge and guarding Koth. Not long thereafter Skywalker and fellow Jedi Adi Gallia used a shuttle to secretly board Grievous' flagship. The two soon reached the bridge and confronted TV-94. Skywalker smiled because of their surprise element, but TV-94 simply replied that it was 'not exactly' a surprise after which he had the Jedi surrounded by BX-series droid commandos. He went on to mock the Jedi on using an impressive, but nevertheless too predictable tactic.
TV-94 used a remote attached to his right arm to deliver electric shockwaves to Koth and threatened to deliver a fatal shockwave if Skywalker and Gallia moved one step closer. Skywalker, however, quickly pulled the droid towards him with the Force and severed his right arm with his lightsaber. The droid commandos then attacked the Jedi. During the fight TV-94 tried multiple times to retrieve his severed arm. He almost got it twice, but a droid commando accidentally kicked it away the first time and the second time he was knocked over by Gallia, who used the Force. He finally retrieved it after the Jedi had destroyed all the droids and prepared to deliver a fatal shockwave to Koth only to realize that while holding the remote in his single remaining arm he had no arm left to press the button. Skywalker then cut him in half, effectively destroying him.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – Servants of Strife Squadron Pack (Card: )
- Collapse of the Republic
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of "Legacy of Terror" to 21 BBY and Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious dates the events of "Death Trap" to 7956 C.R.C., which correlates to 21 BBY. As the episode "Grievous Intrigue" takes place between the two episodes according to , TV-94's death must take place in that year.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue"
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia establishes that tactical droids are classified as fourth class droids.