- "We won't stand long against those tanks."
- ―Garazeb Orrelios
The TX-225 GAVr "Occupier" combat assault tank was a hovertank ground assault vehicle used by the Galactic Empire. The secondary model of Rothana Heavy Engineering's TX-225 Occupier series, unlike its counterpart, the TX-225 GAVw, the GAVr utilized repulsorlifts instead of treads as its main propulsion system. It was deployed on Lothal.
History[edit | edit source]
In 1 BBY, Imperial combat assault tanks were deployed on Lothal during the Empire's occupation on the Outer Rim world. They assisted in hunting down and capturing members of the Rebel Alliance's resistance cell.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The TX-225 GAVr Occupier hovertank was initially created and developed for the 2016 film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. However, the idea of a hovertank was abandoned in early stages of production, changed instead to the non-repulsorlift TX-225 GAVw. Despite this, the former name was mistakenly used in several toy lines.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Occupation" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Kindred"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Assault"
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as TX-225 GAVr "Occupier" combat assault tank)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles