Behind the scenesEdit
Tag Greenley was originally a character appearing in the Star Wars Infinities comic series Star Wars: Tag & Bink, and was created by Kevin Rubio. Jon Kasdan portrayed Tag (alongside Toby Hefferman as Bink) in a deleted scene from the 2018 film Solo: A Star Wars Story. The scene featuring them was cut from the finished version of the film despite Kasdan's objection. They appeared working menial security jobs when Han Solo was brought before the disciplinary committee at the Carida Academy. Although the scene was always present since the film's first screenplay draft, director Ron Howard was forced to cut the scene because it was deemed unnecessary.
The 2018 canon reference book, Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide by Pablo Hidalgo, confirmed Tag's first and last name. Going by the Imperial rank chart created by Dave Crossman for use in both Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and Solo: A Star Wars Story, Greenley would be a lieutenant in either the Stormtrooper Corps or the security branch of the military.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (Appears in deleted scene(s))
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as Greenley)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- ↑ Schmidt, JK (2018-05-26). Why Tag and Bink Were Cut from Solo. ComicBook. comicbook.com. Archived from the original on November 16, 2018. Retrieved on June 3, 2018.
- ↑ Imperial Forces Rank Chart - Rogue One. Glyn Dillon (November 28, 2017). Retrieved on May 26, 2018, 10:28 am UTC. "I sometimes get asked, on Twitter, about certain things to do with the details of Star Wars costumes, especially Imperial costumes. I try to answer as best I can but I can’t always remember... ‘ranking’ is something that crops up every now and then ...so I’ve been meaning to post this on here for a while. My co-designer, David Crossman is a military expert, much like John Mollo was, so this is something he put together, after studying all the OT films and working out what he thought John Mollo was doing with the Imperial ranking. It was devised for Rogue One... and if there are any Imperials in Solo, we would’ve have used this system again... But obviously I can’t say if we did 😜 I hope it’s useful for all the cosplayers and costumers out there" (archive copy)