- "TaggeCo. has dominated inter-planetary commerce for generations. We are ubiquitous… from the food beings eat, to the vehicles they drive, yet even compared to its previous successes, the company is growing at record levels under my leadership."
- ―Orman Tagge to Palpatine
The Tagge Company, usually shortened to TaggeCo, was a company owned by the House of Tagge it was also a Imperial Corperation . TaggeCo, like the House, was based in the city of Unlos Tagge on the planet Tepasi. For a time, it was allied to the Trade Federation; however, this partnership ended sometime before the Separatist Crisis, during which the House of Tagge declared its allegiance to the Galactic Republic. TaggeCo continued to exist at the time of the Yuuzhan Vong War. It was one of the largest megacorporations in the galaxy.
It was the parent company of Biscuit Baron, Bonadan Heavy Industries, GalResource Industries, Gowix Computers, Lantillian ShipWrights, Mobquet Swoops and Speeders, Tagge Industries Shipyards Limited, Tagge Mining Company, Tagge Restaurant Association, and Trast Heavy Transports. It also sponsored the Team Tagge swoop racing team.
- "TaggeCo:We're Everywhere You Are."
- ―Popular Tagge Company slogan
TaggeCo was founded 200 BBY by Tarzen Tagge when he gained local acclaim by using his fleet of small freighters to provide disaster relief to a remote area on Tepasi. It was started largely as a front for Tarzen's interest in counterfeiting and contraband. TaggeCo would get construction contracts on other worlds, and use that as cover to smuggle goods to new markets.
Despite it being largely a sham corporation, Tarzen insisted that the construction work be of the best quality. This was to avoid complaints to officials that might lead to investigations of the company's true nature. This made the company a galaxy-wide industry leader.
When their suppliers couldn't meet Tagge's demand for materials to build a new starport on Wroona, Tarzen's brother Halven suggested they start their own supply chain to locate and mine resources. They received permission to explore a large group of planets set aside for corporate development. Other megacorporations then attempted to block Tagge from succeeding by refusing to sell them scout ships and supplies. This led Tagge to acquire a ship construction and design firm to produce their own ships, which were named Mining Explorers. These multipurpose ships were bulk freighters/survey ships/colony transports.
Tagge Company's success led to an economic boom on their homeworld, and prompted the government to grant them a chain of islands as a heredity barony.
It owned hundreds of subsidiaries, including publishing houses, news agencies, starship design and construction companies, medical and pharmaceutical firms, computer companies and security firms. They expanded rapidly during Palpatine's reign as Chancellor of the Republic and became a symbol of the New Order during the Galactic Empire.
However, after the New Order fell, there was severe retribution against Tagge Company. Their assets were seized throughout the Galaxy, and many of its executives were imprisoned or killed. Eventually they were reduced to a single facility on Tepasi.
- House of Tagge
- Dimone Irrv - Executive Vice President of Operations on Goroth Prime
- Shara-Or - Private security officer
- Gohn Danfeil - Chief Executive Officer
- Air-1 swoop
- Air-2 racing swoop
- Cargohopper 102 cargo lifter
- Implant armor Mod V
- JX40 Jailspeeder
- Luminator scanner goggles
- Model 3 Imperial Army electrobinoculars
- Omega Frost
- Respite-4 escape pod
- Respite-8 escape pod
- SCS-19 Sentinel
- Standard X space suit
- Strikebreaker Riot Control Vehicle
- Stun panel
- Survey-class crawler
- WQ 445
- XK-V8 Excavation Droid
- Z-X3 experimental droid trooper
- A-1 Deluxe Floater
- Asteroid-3 Swoop Racer
- C/L-82 landspeeder
- Corona Limited luxury groundspeeder
- CS-1 cargo sled
- Flare-P swoop
- Flare-S swoop
- G-12 repulsor-taxi
- MB-C1 medium transport
- Mobquet Crawler
- Nebulon-Q Swoop Racer
- Nebulon-Q thruster jet
- Nebulon-R Racer
- Nebulon-S Racer
- Nebulox Q Racer
- OKC-167 repulsor pack
- P-34 combat speeder
- Quickfire speeder bike
- QuietLift 1400
- Ripper speeder bike
- Shark combat airspeeder
- SX-14 Field Hover-Ute
- TrailMaker III
- Wandering Flyer 191
- Zephyr-G swoop
- Achtnak Turbine Station
- House of Tagge merchant ship
- Mining Explorer
- Modular taskforce cruiser
- Tagge battlecruiser
- The Starfighter Trap"—Star Wars Gamer 1 (Mentioned only) "
- Cloak of Deception (Mentioned only)
- "Reputation"—Star Wars Insider 136 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (Headquarters passed on Coruscant)
- Republic HoloNet News Special Inaugural Edition 16:5:241
- Decision: Coruscant (Mentioned only)
- Evasive Action: Prey (Mentioned only)
- Evasive Action: End Game
- (Mentioned only)
- "Forbidden Fruit"—Adventures Unlimited 2 (Mentioned only)
- Beyond the Rim (Mentioned only)
- Empire 31: The Price of Power (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 47: Droid World (Mentioned only) (as "Taage Industries")
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (Mentioned only) (as TaggeCo)
- The New Jedi Order: Balance Point (Mentioned only) (as TaggeCo)