- "Is there anything in the cosmos more beautiful than the purple night sky of Talay?"
- ―Kyle Katarn
At some point, a Republic outpost existed on Talay during the Great Galactic War. Republic demolitions expert Tanno Vik masterminded a protection racket while stationed on the planet. He was subsequently discharged from military service.
The planet hosted the Rebel Tak Base, commanded by Admiral Toka. Several months after the Evacuation of Yavin, the planet was invaded by the Galactic Empire's new dark troopers. Only the Grey Damsel escaped the planet, but the crew did not realize a dark trooper was onboard. The dark trooper killed the entire crew, and the ship crashed on Tatooine. Tak Base was taken over by the Empire. Kyle Katarn infiltrated the base and escaped with a prototype weapon for the Dark Trooper Project, which would then lead him to Anoat.
Behind the scenesEdit
Talay first appeared in Star Wars: Dark Forces. In a cutscene, Mon Mothma referred to it as the "City of Talay", which indicates that "Talay" might have meant to be the name of the city rather than the planet. Later official sources identified "Talay" as the name of the planet and "City" should be understood as the Rebel base itself.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Dark Forces (First appearance)
- "Sand Blasted"—Star Wars Tales 4
- "Revving Up the 'Jedi Engine'"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 1
- Dark Forces: Official Player's Guide
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide
- Strongholds of Resistance