Stuck in the vent
- "Your pet Kowakian monkey-lizard tried to sneak off to the kitchen to steal foodcakes and got herself stuck in the Ventilation ducts. Typical."
- ―CR-8R to Emil Graf
The Star Herald was making a strange sound noted Emil Graf as the starship travelled through Wild Space. CR-8R "Crater" told Emil that his Kowakian monkey-lizard, Noni got herself stuck in the vents on her way to the kitchen. Crater wanted Noni to stay in the vents for awhile so she could learn a lesson. Emil noted that while Noni can be trouble sometimes, everyone will find themselves in trouble at some point.
- "I can repair the generator. I know I can!"
- ―Anakin Skywalker
Over 60 years earlier, a young Anakin Skywalker was working on his podracer when his slave master, Watto. Watto told him to move a scrap pile away for melting but Anakin found a ultra power cell. He was going to use the power cell for his podracer but a large explosion went off in the distance. Thieves had attacked the medical center but instead of running away like the crowd, Anakin ran towards the medical center. A Twi'lek told him that the medical center's generator was destroyed but Anakin promised her he could fix it. He used the ultra power cell he was going to use for his podracer on the generator. The generator restarted and everyone cheered.
A week later, Anakin was in a podrace against Sebulba when Sebulba insulted Anakin and knocked his podracer into Anakin's. Anakin's crashed into the desert as Sebulba continued. But the Twi'lek from earlier helped Anakin out of the wreckage.
- "So you see Crater...it is true that Noni got herself into this mess. But it's still up to us to help her."
- ―Emil Graf to CR-8R
Back on the Star Herald, BB-00 "Boo" was using his laser to remove the vent so Noni could get out. When he completed it Noni went flying out, falling on the BB-series astromech droid. Boo zapped at Noni and Crater left to go get ready for Noni's mess he thought she would make. But Emil Graf told him to not worry about it because she would do the same.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Notes and references
- As shown in "The Lost Stories, Part 3," the events of all the Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Wild Space comics are set a relatively short time apart. "Tales from Wild Space: The Best Pet" depicts CR-8R being aware of the events following those of Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, and "The Lost Stories, Part 1" features the First Order. The Star Wars Book places The Last Jedi 34 years after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope and the fall of the First Order 35 years after A New Hope, which, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas, corresponds to 34 ABY and 35 ABY, respectively. Therefore, the Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Wild Space comics must take place at some point between those years.
- Tales from Wild Space: "Podracer's Rescue" takes place concurrently with Queen's Peril, in which Padmé Amidala is fourteen years old. According to , Padmé was also fourteen during the Battle of Naboo, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 32 BBY, meaning that Queen's Peril and Tales from Wild Space: "Podracer's Rescue" both take place in 32 BBY.