Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Aliens: Volume I (originally titled Creatures of the Outer Rim) is a collection of six short stories by Landry Q. Walker which was released on April 5, 2016 by Disney–Lucasfilm Press. Four of the short stories were first published as eBooks on December 1, 2015. All six stories center on aliens featured in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. The book is intended for children aged 8 to 12, and was published in hardcover format.
The worlds of Star Wars are full of countless alien species, each stranger and more fascinating than the last. Here you'll find six stories for kids about just some of the amazing aliens who appear in the smash-hit movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Featuring a dashing tale of piracy and double crosses, the story of a wise Jakku constable and an unfortunate droid, and a mystery that can be solved only by the gruff cook at Maz Kanata's castle, this collection will bring thrills and chills as it takes you deep into the corners of your favorite galaxy far, far away. . . .
- Constable Zuvio must get to the bottom of things when a faithful droid commits a bank robbery in "High Noon on Jakku."
- The Frigosian cryptosurgeons of Takodana give a criminal on the run just what she asks for in "The Face of Evil."
- The repugnant scrap trader Unkar Plutt may finally have met his match in the twisty tale "True Love."
- Bobbajo the Crittermonger spins a tale of bravery against impossible odds in the fable "All Creatures Great and Small."
- When his sous chef turns up dead, the cook at Maz Kanata's castle holds an unusual competition to find the culprit in "A Recipe for Death."
- And pirates, gangs, and bounty hunters alike race to find precious cargo in "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku."