During one of the duels with Leia in Fury, (pg. 237) it describes her attack as a "savage attack, all fourth-form technique without the added elements of acrobatics." Sounds like Ataru to me. Think we should include it? JethLordMaster (Talk) 16:43, 13 December 2007 (UTC-8)
- waves* (Am I in the right place?) I'm the admin of NJOE (you can verify if you'd like by e-mailing me - njoe(at)njoe(dot)com and I'll say the same) - you're welcome to use the entries from NJOE on here, so long as there is a referring link saying where the entry came from.
-Jeff Driscoll NJOE
I clicked on the link for the site and it doesn't exist. Reverting.
Alema lost an arm? God, is there a sign at the entrance of the Gorog hive that says "All Joiners must be disfigured"? -- SFH 16:51, 6 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- I think she lost a lekku, too. ~checks~ Yep, Leia severed one of her lekku. StarNeptune 23:23, 16 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- All of which was brutal, excessive force against somebody who never even made a conscious decision to turn dark. They easily could have kept her prisoner until she came to her senses. Ysalamiri haven't gone extinct, have they? Because they're good for keeping Force-users imprisoned.
- Not to mention that it wasn't Alema's fault. If not for the Gorog nest, if not for Lomi Plo, she would've remained a good guy. So Luke should have tried to convince her to come back, the way Kyp was convinced to come back, the way he almost convinced Brakiss to come back, the way Jaina was convinced to come back, and the way they got Kam to abandon the dark path. But no, instead it was decided that the best course was to maim her repeatedly.--HanShotFirst 18:16, 8 July 2008 (UTC)
Spoiler Notice Edit
- No! Someone forgot to add the Spoiler Warning. I came to the article only to look at the new image and I accidentally glanced at the text and got spoiled. Don't want to read the rest so can someone who doesn't mind reading it please insert the spoiler warning. DarthMaul431 03:08, 6 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- There we go.TIEPilot051999 20:44, 6 Jan 2006 (UTC)
Uh... any reason for the revert, Starkeiller?000 20:27, 6 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Because the other image didn't exist. I saw nothing. --Master Starkeiller 20:40, 6 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Weird. I went ahead and switched it back; it should work now. --000 20:44, 6 Jan 2006 (UTC)
Does it say anywhere that Alema is Rutian, or is she just plain blue? --McEwok 23:34, 29 March 2006 (UTC) -I'm pretty sure they're the same thing. Rutian is a blue-skinned version of the twilek, just like white and black skinned people --Darth EJ 05:02, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
Wasn't she able to draw on the force potential of the Gorog when she fought with Leia?
- I think we should also include her ability to create force phantoms, and cloak herself in the force.Jacenskylo 07:13, 13 December 2007 (UTC)
what do you think she will do with the knowledge that jacen is a sith in league with lumiya Edit
I think she will try to tell someone, but Jacen will stop her, and later kill her. --Darth EJ 02:31, 25 September 2006 (UTC)
- this is not the place for this kind of thing. Ugluk: Destroyer of Redlinks 02:47, 25 September 2006 (UTC)
Copyright status Edit
Okay, we are allowed to use the site content. But is this exclusive, or does anyone have that right as well? (Because that's what the GFDL requires.) - Sikon 19:22, 4 November 2006 (UTC)
Spoiler warning needed Edit
Could we please put one of those boxes above the article with Darth Vader saying this article contains major spoilers about a recently released product/book. I read text accidentally that ruined things for me. Thank you.
Jag Fel shot her in the shoulder too if i remember from exile.
If you read the books she sounds like lorie from that 70s show (a whoar) because she is always wearing clothes that are two sizes small with no undegarments she likes to "have sex with males who bring her flowers" alema even offered to "celebrate" with lando even after she was told he was married, she always gets "interested" in boys no matter how old and liked to make the sullustan Jae Juun plant his face in her chest. any comments?
-that does sound about right, plus that chic is always evil...-Darth Depressis
and don't you think her clothes are a bit revealing, i kinda like her.
Personality and TraitsEdit
- Should this article have a section regarding Alema's personality and traits as her personality and traits have changed greatly over the course of NJO and Legacy, i.e. her Balance theory the contarst between her old personality and the new darker one she has obtained through DN and Legacy LordChewie52 22:09, 2 July 2007 (UTC)
- I think we should also include her ability to create force phantoms, and cloak herself in the force.Jacenskylo 07:11, 13 December 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, I agree. Her character has gone so far since her original introduction. I remember reading Star By Star, and she seemed totally different. Her downfall could be considered similar to Jacen Solos, since she was affected in much the same way as he was by the Myrkr mission, and the dark side. Her story is sorta sad actually. She even lost a twin. But she definitely used to be sane, then kinda got crazy. Zadi 01:32, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
Alema says a lot of strange yet interesting things, as such should she be given a quotes page? LordChewie52 22:13, 2 July 2007 (UTC)
Twin Suns Squadron Edit
Alema flys in Twin Suns Squadron for a period (ex. The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force). I was wondering, how would a Twi'lek wear a helmet? Wouldn't her lekku interfere?GrandAdmiral 21:10, 29 July 2007 (UTC)
Source for Inferno? Edit
What the source for those Inferno spoilers, and if there is one can someone please fix the grammar errors?--The All-knowing Sith'ari 10:43, 18 August 2007 (UTC)
- I think it's fanon Tutos Lumenarious 23:04, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
- Several people have already received their copies of Inferno. -- I need a name (Complain here) 23:40, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
Should the "investigations" section be as big as it is? a lot of the story in t hat section is after the investigations towards her. Admiral Carth Onasi 23:17, 9 November 2007 (UTC)
Who's Who in the New Jedi Order Edit
The big points are - Alem'arar - is that correct? Is a date of birth given? Was she trained on Yavin 4? Is Daeshara'cor described as her Jedi Master or just someone taking care of her? A complete transcription would be best, but otherwise just those questions would be great. Also, there's probably info on her in Numa Rar and in Daeshara'cor's sections. If Numa is older or younger, I'd also like to know. Thanks! Harrar 18:30, 6 January 2009 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, they're fairly basic entries.
- "Daeshara'cor, a fellow Twi'lek, rescued Alema and her sister Numa Rar from a spice den on Ryloth. Recognizing the sisters' talent in the Force, Daeshara'cor purchased their freedom and brought them to the academy. The Rar sisters later led an anti-Vong insurgency on the occupied planet New Plympto. In Star by Star, Alema witnessed her sister's death and accompanied Anakin on a dangerous infiltration mission to Myrkr."
Here's Numa's entry, too:
- "In Edge of Victory I: Rebirth, Jacen Solo encounters this female Twi’lek Jedi Knight inside the protected Maw Installation while trying to set up a "great river" saferoute for fugitive Jedi. At that point, Numa Rar and her sister Alema had only recently finished leading an underground resistance movement on occupied New Plympto, which led to the Yuuzhan Vong extinguishing all life forms from the surface of the planet. At the start of Star by Star, Numa and Alema were attacked by a voxyn aboard a star freighter. Only Alema survived."
- She's not mentioned in Daeshara'cor's or any other entries. :-) -- AdmirableAckbar (Talk) 19:41, 6 January 2009 (UTC)
Thanks so much Acks! So all this "Alem'arar" stuff then, is that bollocks? I assume CUSWE doesn't give us anymore info either? Thanks bud Harrar 01:09, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
I think the previous main quote about her being broken was more telling about her story and personality than the current one. And i think Lumiya's quote about her desire for revenge needs to be reincluded for the simple fact that it was more relevant to her story in Legacy than any of the ones about "the balance" or Jacen being delicous. Any objections Dark Lord Trayus 06:16, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- Yup. I switched the main quotation because of three minor reasons and one major one.
- "Very broken" is not even good English.
- It's also a sentiment voiced by a talking ship, which is lame.
- Plus, it's an opinion of Alema, whereas the current quotation is something she says about herself freely
- And the big one. "Perhaps I want to be cruel" sums her up perfectly. It's the reason she turns to the dark side - she's essentially a flawed person from the very start. Her darkness is integral to her character. "Very broken" refers to her towards the very end of her life. It's like saying Anakin Skywalker's quotation should be "He's more machine than man, now, twisted and evil." Sure, it's true, but it refers to only part of his life.
Thanks for raising it on the talkpage though rather than just changing it. Other people, give your thoughts, after all I don't own it. For the second quote, can you cite it for me? I think I know which one you mean, but it's not very clear from what you say. Thanks! Harrar 19:58, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
I see what you mean, but I guess it depends on how you see Alema. I always thought she went insane and dark as a result of Numa's death and her joining with Gorog, and her subsequent mutilation. In essence, she went mad because she was mentally, emotionally, and physically broken. Plus i'd imagine Alema knew less about herself and her motivations than a sentient ship that seemed to know a lot even if it was lame. That may be too speculatory but its just a thought on the subject.
"Do yourself a favor... Ask yourself what you have against Leia Solo other than the fact that she made you ugly. If there's nothing beyond that, then your quest for Balance is a waste of time."
Yes, it's a little POV-y but it's a good example of outside perceptions of her, and even Alema didnt really argue Lumiya on this.
Thanks! Dark Lord Trayus 23:26, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
I dislike the "delicious" quotation as well, trust me, and thanks for going out and finding the Sacrifice one. But in my opinion quotations like that can be just as dodgy as POV writing. The quotations we choose are basically signposts as to how the article portrays the character. If we choose quotations which portray another person's POV, then we are running the risk of writing Alema Rar - Lumiya's perspective, Alema Rar - Leia's perspective style articles. Yup, I know I've chosen Luke's "Alema, your anger has made you vulnerable", but Luke is speaking the truth there imho. Lumiya misreads Alema when she says what she says, proven by the response:
- "She took our lekku, and so we can't communicate fully with other. She caused the destruction of our nest, too. And she took what attracted others to us, our beauty. We're lonely, and we can never touch the world properly again."
- ―Alema Rar
To be honest I like Alema's response as a quote. Perhaps that dialog could be used as a lead in for the whole "quest for balance" section? Or just Alema's portion. Its more in depth than "the balance must be served" Dark Lord Trayus 02:52, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
I will agree with whatever your decistion is though. You've put in more work on this article than I have so as far as I'm concerned your words have a heavier weight on it. Dark Lord Trayus 02:57, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
- It's already the quote for "Wilderness and return" section, in between DNT and LOTF. I'll continue to consider changing up some of the quotations, because I know she has a lot of interesting dialogue and there's loads of stuff to cover. Feel free to add some to her quote page if you like. Remember though, the "depth" to Alema's character should be clear from the 32,000 words, not just the quotes ;P. Cheers, and though I appreciate your kind words, I don't own the article! Harrar 20:58, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
Not a Sith Edit
The quote is cool, but unless I'm mistaken (maybe it is said somewhere in some sourcebook or something that I don't currently have), Alema didn't find out that Lomi was a Sith until Alema met the One Sith. It certainly wasn't known that Lomi was a Sith by the time of Dark Nest, the same time that Alema was in league with her. If, however, this is the case, then her infobox shouldn't list Lomi as her Sith Master, but rather as her Dark Jedi Master. Thoughts?—Tommy (Nine two eight one) 20:39, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- True, Tommy. I've become a little uncertain due to the fact that as a Sith, Lomi was training Alema Rar in Sith arts without the Twi'lek's knowledge. But that doesn't really stand up, does it, so I'll revert to "Dark Jedi" Master. Harrar 22:11, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
I'm removing Alema's Twi'lek name as Alem'arar. I haven't seen any source which demonstrates this to be true. If someone can correct me, that's great, and you can put it back in the article. But it needs to have a canonical, verifiable source. -- Harrar 19:46, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
Is there a shortage of images of her, because I noticed about half, maybe more, of the ones on this page are not of her but of people she had relationships (personal, business, or otherwise) with. Xanofar 04:10, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
- I'm afraid that's the case, Xanofar. Alema is portrayed on the Japanese covers of The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream (for some reason), The Swarm War and on the cover of The New Jedi Order: Star by Star, although the Star by Star image is simply of her in battle against a voxyn. She also got an image in the Who's Who in the New Jedi Order article. All those images are in the article. If the Japanese covers for Legacy of the Force are ever released, I imagine Alema would feature on at least one novel, whether it's Legacy of the Force: Tempest, Legacy of the Force: Exile, Legacy of the Force: Inferno or Legacy of the Force: Fury. Until then, I've followed the precedent set by numerous other lengthy FAs (Cal Omas being one example) to include images of other characters who featured prominently in the subject's life. Before I finish the article for good, though, I'll go through and sort out the images again and maybe cut back on one or two unnecessary ones. -- Harrar 22:44, 8 March 2009 (UTC)