What's the context that this subject is referenced in? I'm curious as to how or why it's any different than the early rebel movement he was putting together. Nothing on the pages suggests it's anything other than that. - Brandon Rhea(talk) 16:54, March 25, 2018 (UTC)
- Sure, here's what I could find:
- 1) "Rebel Commander Jun Sato leads Phoenix Cell, an element of the broader resistance movement created in part by Alderaanian Senator Bail Organa"
- 2) "Bail Organa and the Alderaanians—Bail Organa's secret forces have formed some of the earliest organized resistance units. Using the power of and wealth of Alderaan, as well as royal and personal fortunes, Organa has brought firepower and other hard-to-obtain assets to bear when necessary."
- 2a) "Organa's efforts and forces have grown from the first days of the Empire to the present day, forming a core element of the nascent Rebel Alliance"
- 2b) "Bail Organa's mix of available forces has been ever-changing. Some are under his personal command, while others are allies willing to support his cause with action. He can call upon military troops and a variety of starships and naval vessels when firepower is needed. He has a network of secret agents and influential politicians he can tap for information or covert missions"
- 3) "Mon Mothma and Bail Organa's efforts have become increasingly successful as their secret organizations and military assets continue to grow."
- This corroborates what Legends established with the Alderaanian Resistance and the Chandrilan resistance
- Throughout the book, it heavily implies that Bail Organa's resistance movement and Mon Mothma's rebel cell linked up to form a resistance network before the Alliance to Restore the Republic was made public and called on others to rebel. Star Wars: The Rebel Files states that Mon Mothma had begun calling this network "the Alliance" by 5 BBY and Alliance Starfighter Command existed prior to the Attack on Phoenix Squadron (4 BBY) when Jun Sato still had the Pelta, and is also supported by Tano reporting to Alliance Intelligence and calling Phoenix Cell the "Alliance sector fleet" during the Action at Mustafar. There are plenty more examples but that may require a senate hall to fully provide more details and examples of and have a larger discussion. Hope this helps!--Vitus InfinitusTalk 17:37, March 25, 2018 (UTC)