Question About the DatabankEdit
Sorry if this isn't the place to be asking, but does anyone know if there's any word on when the Databank will be updated? So far, I think the only articles they've added after the "What's the Story?" articles were for Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex, as well as a few updates here and there for older entries.
By the way, SFH, sorry to intrude on your post, but I just wanted to separate both of ours.
Should we include some of the criticism of the Databank, like the fact they are often quite out of date? -- SFH 03:43, 5 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Hard to say now after the creation of What's the Story?. -- Riffsyphon1024 04:15, 5 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- What's the Story? is more Prequel based. I'm talking about the EU after the Original Trilogy...For God's sake, they haven't updated the stuff on the NJO in like two, three years. -- SFH 04:20, 5 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Is everything on the Databank considered G-Canon? Even if it's out of date/ahsn't been updated? (Why can't it be as good as wookieepedia lol) -GMo 00:26, 27 April 2007 (UTC)
Note on 2006 April Fool's joke Edit
Several new pages were put up on April Fool's Day 2006, relating to four characters, a location, and an "alien species" from the movie Willow: see here. I leave it up to the people who have this article on their watchlists to decide how to include these articles, if at all. Note that the URLs have an extra "/401/" between the category and title part of the address, so the usual DB templates won't work. —Silly Dan (talk) 18:23, 1 April 2006 (UTC)
I dont favor their forums that muchEdit
I just dont.
- Okay, that was completely pointless. This isn't a place where you can express your opinion. Admiral J. Nebulax (Imperial Holovision) 19:24, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
Oh i thought it was DISCUSSION, misunderstanding on my part.
I just lol'd Bradj47 02:15, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
Aarrba the HuttEdit
Interesting. As you can see, there's been several updates about upcoming Clone Wars movie. But some non-CW fact have been added as well. For example, Coruscant article finally mentiones the defeat of Yuuzhan Vong, and even Empire of Roan Fel and Darth Krayt. With all recent reorganization of starwars.com with countless old articles and images removed and 3 DB sections merged into one page some entries have changed significantly. It may be worth to re-check them and see which info has been modified Mauser 14:56, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
- The whole site updated but they've changed so many things around and seemingly deleted a bunch more available before. -- Riffsyphon1024 08:42, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
Getting the Ball Rolling Edit
New Entries Edit
Some of the entries I've made can't be found in immediately in the Databank on www.starwars.com, but they're in the archives. When clicking on a particular character, droid, etc. just go to the bottom of the screen and click on the word "Character" or "Droid" next to "Vault" to see what I mean.
$ Insert formula here $ I need help with the image I supposedly put on this page.
Clarification on the word 'database' Edit
The first sentence of the article says:
- "The Databank at StarWars.com is the only official Star Wars database available to the public."
Just wondering: What defines a database? Wouldn't Wookieepedia be a database? Bradj47 02:20, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, but an unofficial one. "Official" is the important word here. Menkooroo 02:25, November 4, 2010 (UTC)