"Slaughter the Senate" Edit
I thought Exar held them all there, hypnotized the Chancellor, gave a speech, gave the Chancellor a knock on his head (maybe killing him, maybe not) and then walked out with Ulic. I don't remember a "slaughter." Thanos6 07:15, 27 January 2006 (UTC)
- That's right. He probably killed lots of guards on his way in and out but what we see inside the Senate Hall he just killed Master Vodo and the Chancellor looked pretty dead after Exar was done with him. But there wasn't and "slaughter of the senate". --Kyp-Durron 03:22, 9 July 2006 (UTC)Kyp-Durron
I'm editing the part about Kun being a Jar Kai and Makashi master. He wasn't. He used a unique style.
- He was indeed a Jar'Kai master, though. Darth Kevinmhk 03:33, 9 July 2006 (UTC)
- You are very right that Exar had a unique style all his own. Just look at his lightsaber, a weapon completely different from any other. First off it is the first known double bladed lightsaber which suggests that Exar was the developer of multi-blade lightsaber combat. Second, according to the Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology the blades on Exar's saber were adjustable. They could be shortened to half a meter or extended to a meter and half. Not as long as a dual phase lightsaber but longer than the standard blade. Plus the blades intensity could be adjusted also. They could be made so that another blade could pass right through then and do no damage to anything they came in contact with or they could be just as deadly as a typical lightsaber blade. This would made it easy to cause an opponent to lose his/her balance and then strike a killing blow as he/she fell. This is a style I have never heard of any other Jedi using and I have never heard of any other Jedi constructing such a sophistocated weapon. So what style combat does Exar Kun use? None I'd say. He has his own which no one else has been able to copy.--Kyp-Durron 03:36, 9 July 2006 (UTC)Kyp-Durron
- Regardless, canonical source state that he is a Jar'Kai user, period. Exar used Makashi was fanon, that's all. Darth Kevinmhk 03:41, 9 July 2006 (UTC)
- Didn't the original on lightsaber forms article on the official site list Exar (along with Count Dooku) as a form II user? -JC
- hey umm im not that far yet im still tryin to figure out if building one is ACTUALLY POSSIBLE still i might be the first earthling to weild a lightsaber mwaahahahaha(sorry just kidding)18.104.22.168 02:43, 6 January 2008 (UTC)ewokmenace
"Exar Kun was a rash and talented youth plus stupid:...." - this doesn't say "featured article quality" to me...--Xilentshadow900 16:20, 5 February 2006 (UTC)
- Ah, a stealth vandalism by an IP address...I shall fix it. StarNeptune 16:23, 5 February 2006 (UTC)
Exar is NOT a Makashi user (Proof attached) Edit
- Darth Kevinmhk 03:42, 28 March 2006 (UTC) As titled.
- Proof: http://www.dmeb2.org/darthmaulsection/swinsider62.html
- The site who spread Exar is a Makashi user: http://swg.stratics.com/content/gameplay/professions/jedi/lightsaber_combat.php
I've added a picture and a description of Exar Kun's Tomb on Yavin IV. One of the many SWG locales I visited before my computer started acting up : (
Symbol on the head Edit
- The symbols of Exar's and Ulic's head are unique, right? They are not the same logo of the ancient Sith Empire & Jedi Civil War Sith Empire, so is there any relation / meaning / reference about Exar's & Ulic's symbols? Darth Kevinmhk 05:35, 20 May 2006 (UTC)
Several of the quotes need to be sourced. Vryce 03:49, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
In Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi - Dark Lords of the Sith, when Kun is crushed by the dark side monster in the large Massassi temple, embraces his anger and takes Nadds amulet, he starts shooting powerful red blasts of Force energy around. Could this be an occurrence of Force Destruction? Its the only possibility that comes to mind. DarthMRN 18:59, 17 March 2007 (UTC)
- No, it's the amulet focusing his rage and anger into beams of dark side energy. If you've ever read the Darkside Sourcebook, it states that the amulets can perform such a feat (along with destroy Force spirits a la Freedon Nadd). So, it's definitely not Force Destruction; although, it carries some similar characteristics.
Golden Globe Edit
Why does this article make no mention of the golden globe that kun created or his experiments with extracting the spirit energy of massassi children? This was the last significant trace of kun's legacy to be destroyed by the jedi, I thought it was kind of important.
Jedi Academy Edit
I have completed what I believe to be a thoroughly complete and correct reference list for Exar Kun. If I have missed or referenced anything incorrectly, please tell me and I will fix it. If you find an error or an absence of info, please by all means correct or add it. Anything else, you know how to find me!
Tommy 03:21, 13 February 2008 (UTC)Tommy9281, 02-12-08 10:18pm
His legacy bit should be changed...Jedi vs. Sith: the Essential guide to the force confirms Kun did NOT invent the DBL22.214.171.124 22:25, 7 March 2008 (UTC)Lighty
But Kun don't invent he reinvent from the ancient sith papers
Exar Kun's Blade Edit
What's the source saying that Exar Kun's Doubleblade is Duel-phased because i dont see a source on that preticular part Valin "Tnu" "Shido" Suul 02:03, 9 April 2008 (UTC)
Forced ? Edit
It said in his profile he was forced, and on another page it quotes he activly worked towards learning the ways of the sith
sorry for the spelling its way too early
C'mon people, can somebody help doing this? I don't understand how to do this and it is really missing.
Is it necessary to include notable double bladed lightsaber users in this article? If no one minds I will remove it. Forkorpl8 11:25, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
- As I see it, it's supposed to state those whose double bladed saber wielding were inspired by Kun after he introduced his to the republic and jedi order of that time. So rather than blatantly removing it, clear it up please. --Tm_T (Talk) 11:30, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Ya I just re-read it several times and can't figure out anyway to re-word it. I agree it shouldn't be removed, but it should be cleared up. Any suggestions on how to re-word it? Forkorpl8 13:25, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
I believe this is a better picture of Exar Kun to use as a Main Picture for his page. Flyn Arc 20:01, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
I know I'm new here but I know quite a few people who think the main page picture of Exar Kun should be changed from
I hope people see this and make a unified decision on whether to keep the old one or replace it with the new one.
Although I'm probably going to be ignored because apparently only people who have been here a while and made allot of changes to "their," own liking matters on Wookieepedia.
--Elbe1687 10:34, February 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Do not be bitter, my friend. Ask for a vote. ;-) LelalMekha 12:37, February 3, 2012 (UTC)
Infobox image voteEdit
- Looking straight on as opposed to being at an angle; shoulders can be—and are—evenly cropped out; image quality is higher. —NAYAYEN 12:50, February 3, 2012 (UTC)
- This one, for sure. Option 2 looks like he's eaten too much squash. – DigiFluid 15:47, February 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Hands down. JMAS Hey, it's me! 01:41, February 8, 2012 (UTC)
- That one that doesn't make him look like a mutant Oompa Loompa. Toprawa and Ralltiir 01:43, February 8, 2012 (UTC)
- IFYLOFD (Floyd's crib) 01:44, February 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Meh, but he does look like he's an Oompa Loompa after eating too much rotten squash.—Cal Jedi (Personal Comm Channel) 01:48, February 8, 2012 (UTC)
I'm new here too, and I also wanted to change the pic a few days ago, but I thought I wasn't allowed to or something. If this vote thing actually works then my vote is for option 2. Because, I personally think it is more fitting for the character of Exar Kun, I think the overall design and look is far better then the blank forward stare of the first option. Personally the picture is more representative of a Sith lord, plus I think the resolution is fine. That's my vote. --Dxeka1994 15:41, February 3, 2012 (UTC)(Vote struck per policy: Fewer than 50 mainspace edits, I did link to the policy above -- —NAYAYEN 15:44, February 3, 2012 (UTC))
I attempted to edit this article in order to make it less biased-it uses terms like "corrupted shadow of his former self." as an example. I undid this bias in an attempt to make the article more professionally neutral as to talk in such terms is the writer passing moral judgement on the characters which must surely be discouraged on a wiki.
My key point that whether describing lightsiders or darksiders I think we should refrain from terms like "corrupted" or "fallen" when referring to dark force users, I don't think such terms are helpful. I'm also annoyed that my attempt at objectivity has been undone. 126.96.36.199 22:44, October 7, 2012 (UTC)Nic01224
- It's not "biased", because that is the way the dark side has always been portrayed by LFL. "Fall to the dark side", "corruption", and other similar terms are all canon terminologies taken directly from sourcebooks with omniscient (and unbiased) narrators. Cade Calrayn 22:52, October 7, 2012 (UTC)
"Exar Kun once the most powerful and dangerous of the Dark Lords of the Sith, he was responsible for the deaths of millions four millennia before the Rise of the Empire" - Star Wars Encyclopedia
I cannot read this article because the picture of exar kun is in the way
Can someone explain to me why the front image for Kun was changed from the one that's been there like literally for years to the new one? I remember months maybe even years ago me, being a newbie who doesn't care anymore trying to help change the front image to a different one. Now I come back and see it was changed and there seems to be little to no debate on it? I am to assume then someone with higher 'cred,' than me can arbitrarily change Kun's main picture willy nilly, but I cannot because of low cred? Interesting system is all I'm saying. --Dxeka1994 (talk) 09:08, February 1, 2016 (UTC)
"Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (Appears as a ghost or a spirit)" Does he? I can't find any proof of this
Exar Kun mentioned in The Art of Solo: A Star Wars Story Edit
Don't know if this has been addressed yet, but Exar Kun is mentioned by name in on page 151 of The Art of Solo: A Star Wars Story. Doesn't that make him canon now? --Nerdman3000 (talk) 04:32, May 30, 2018 (UTC)
- Currently being addressed in Talk:The Art of Solo: A Star Wars Story--Vitus InfinitusTalk 04:34, May 30, 2018 (UTC)
2.2 Updated with new information Edit
I guess im not the first to say this, but thanks to Solo, isn't Exar Kun canon again? I got my info from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXNN6Kt8oRU. Nesayas1234 (talk) 16:37, May 30, 2018 (UTC)