This article DOES need cleanup...sections have been copied and pasted from other articles, sections overlap and sometimes contradict... Thanos6 02:14, 20 June 2006 (UTC)
- Where do they contradict? Fleet Admiral J. Nebulax (Imperial Holovision) 12:53, 20 June 2006 (UTC)
- Emperor Palpatine announced that he had returned. While most of the rank and file troops returned to loyal service, few of the warlords did, while most fled for their lives.
- Palpatine's clone regrouped the fragmented Empire's many warlords and loyal forces into a single unified force And so on... Thanos6 13:07, 20 June 2006 (UTC)
This article is in desparate need of rehab. I would do it myself but that would give rise to attacks on whether I did it from arrogant pickiness or helpful intentions. Karohalva 00:45, 27 April 2007 (UTC)
- So be it. I will rehab it myself. My finished work will only be a test, however, and is free to be reverted so long as I am not branded as malicious. Karohalva 16:05, 27 April 2007 (UTC)
Connections between the Imperial Civil War and the fall of the U.S.S.R. Edit
I can not help feeling that this is inspired by the fall of the Soviet Union. While on one respect the Galactic Empire is quite clearly inspired by Adolf Hitler's Nazi German Reich, in that it is racist, being human supremacist, and with Palpatine committing genocide on not just Jedi communities, but also entire Force Sensitive cultures that are anti-Sith, as well as how he comes to power like Hitler. But Palpatine comes to power during the clone wars, which is both like First and Second World Wars, while the Galactic Civil War is like the Second World War, but also like the Cold War. Like the Third Reich and the Soviet Union, the Empire is totalitarian and like those two real world empires, it has enslaved millions of ethnically different worlds( in that they are non-human). When the Empire falls apart, war lords fight each other and worlds rise up. Also the Yethra extremists start ethnic cleansing against other alien races, which mirrors the situation in the former Yugoslavia. Its amazing how Star Wars can mirror real history.
What do you guys think?
- If there's no official source stating such a connection exists, we frankly don't care. Wookieepedia isn't a discussion forum. It's an encyclopedia. Atarumaster88 (Talk page) 16:54, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
- Personally I see a far more interesting parallel to the situation in China fater the 1911 revolution that brought an end to the Qing dynasty. Many claimants attempted to restore the Empire several times, the legitimate government was sidelined, and several warlords who had important positions of administration engaged in complicated and futile struggles with each other, while Foreign factions took advantage of this disunity to hasten their destruction of each other. It sounds more than a little bit familiar.--18.104.22.168 12:19, March 31, 2010 (UTC)
Is the Jedi Purge Genocide and is anti-Jedism racism or is it religious persecution? Edit
Is the Jedi Purge a reference to the Holocaust, and is it genocide, even though they are not a single ethnic group, with only link between the members being that they are Force Sensitive, and that they also have their families, who are force sensitive?
- See my comment above, and stop using our talk pages to spout wild fan theories. That's disruption and the next instance will earn you a block. Atarumaster88 (Talk page) 16:55, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
- He was asking a question, and it was hardly a wild theory. --Fireman V2 03:51, April 11, 2010 (UTC)