Mission to Coruscant ExpansionEdit
That there is barely a stub and should be expanded.
Insider #87 Picture Edit
There is a way better pic of Skirata in Insider #87. I may upload it and replace the small one that is being used right now.--Ranat 23 22:00, 3 May 2006 (UTC)
- First, please show it to us here. Admiral J. Nebulax (Imperial Holovision) 22:03, 3 May 2006 (UTC)
- Here it is: --Ranat 23 23:24, 3 May 2006 (UTC)
- Personally, I think the current one is better. Admiral J. Nebulax (Imperial Holovision) 23:30, 3 May 2006 (UTC)
- Here it is: --Ranat 23 23:24, 3 May 2006 (UTC)
Skirata's helmet Edit
This is a pic that Karen Traviss posted on her journal one time of Kal Skirata's Mandalorian helmet that someone had made for her. I didn't know if someone wanted crop the helmet out (so the table isn't showing), and maybe add it to the article here, since we don't have his helmet anywhere on here? Here ya go. Sadriel Fett (Mando'a) 01:11, 30 June 2006 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, cropping wouldn't do much good. We have the reflection of whoever took the picture in the visor. Fleet Admiral J. Nebulax (Imperial Holovision) 12:37, 30 June 2006 (UTC)
Title says it all. Anyone guessing at his birthdate?
Wouldnt the trainers know about order 66? i mean these guys and girls knew their clones better than the clones knew themselves--PyRo 12:39, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
- Order 66 was instituted after the GAR was brought forth for the clone wars (I think). Jack-118
It is clear from True Colors that there are a lot of contingency orders. All of the GAR would have known all of the contingency orders. Order 66 was a contingency, just like the rest. It may not have seemed very plausible, but contingencies try to account for ANY eventuality.
'*IF* the jedi ever turn on the Republic...this must happen'. It doesn't to much good to have contingencies, if no one knows what they are.
Dredwulf60 22:06, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
- I think it's safe to assume, the Jedi also knew about Order 66, as part of the GAR contingency orders, as well. I mean, in the book, they also had the same type of orders for the Chancellor, should he need to be removed from office. All very official sounding and spread out, so as not to pop up an alert flag or something. Sadriel Fett 12:51, 20 February 2008 (UTC)
- They should have known about it, but as it was revealed towards the end of the novel Order 66 (just before Maze executes the order on Zey), no Jedi really cared to read the Contingency plan. Beskar'ad Ordo 13:00, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
- In the books it says there are all kinds of contingency plans, one is even to assassinate the chancelor, or kill all news-stations and their staff, or shut down all banking facilities. Just because an emergency plan is there doesn't mean people ever expect to use it. Irrellius 06:45, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
Ordo to Atin Edit
Who changed Ordo to Atin at the end of the personality paragraph? Remember- Vau sicced the strill on Ordo back on Kamino and after Atin's squad was killed (except for him of course), Vau used his knife to give him the facial scar that is still there today. Read the books before editing, people! Jack-118
...Vau slashed Atin's face after Atin came at him with a knife was what I got from the books, Mird was siced on Ordo, but the scar was Atin's Irrellius 06:46, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
Action Fig Edit
- A friendly reminder, please sign your posts. As for the figure, that's actually Mij Gilamar. It was meant to be Kal, but it was decided that the face looked too young. Sith Alchemy 101 18:17, 13 January 2008 (UTC)
- If I may add something, what about the new Legacy of the Force miniature? One of the previews introduces the "Republic Commando Training Sergeant", the appearance of which seems to be based on Kal Skirata. Link Anonymous
- Yes, that one is supposed to be Kal Skirata. — Sadriel Fett 09:00, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
Correction, it cannot be Mij Gilamar as the attributes mention nothing of medical abilities and Mij is a Doctor so it does not make any sense. Also the pic shows what seems to be a mando with armor that shows breasts and the books are clear that you cannot distinguish male or female when in beskar'gam. Targetbob
Kal's Name Edit
Just an anonymous poster who bumped into this page, but you guys may be interested in knowing that 'kal' is Korean for blade or knife. I don't know if that's important enough to warrant a little addition to the page.184.108.40.206 05:20, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
- Awesome to know! By the way, Kal doesn't mean "to stab" in Mandalorian, it is actually the word for a blade. Kalikir is the Mandalorian word for "to stab" with a skewer, Bikadiniir is the word for "stab" with a broad knife and Chekar is the word for "to stab" with a small knife.SarimThiri 08:43, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
- I'm Korean and that's the first thought that I had when I first saw Kal's name. Added the fact to the Behind the Scenes section.Jonkim95 14:16, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
An issue with the intro Edit
The second paragraph of Kal's introduction is completely unnecessary and sounds more like a preview for his role in the upcoming Imperial Commando novel. I'm removing it, but if anybody has a strong objection, just shout it out and we can figure out what to do with it.
During the Clone Wars, Skirata had a chance of becoming a father again. He decided that he and his new family would have to desert from the Republic army, yet it did not go as they had expected. Now with the newly born Galactic Empire rising, Skirata set out to get two of his clone sons, who have been unwillingly left behind during Order 66, out of Coruscant. But he would have to be quick before Emperor Palpatine and his apprentice, Darth Vader, find him first. --Bella'Mia 04:33, 5 August 2009 (UTC) If you guys read in Order 66 It explains that Kal means "little Blade" He was given this name because he came at Munin Skirata his adopted father with a three sided blade he took off of his birth fathers body on Kuwat
Does anyone know where there is an un-cropped version of the image in the top right corner? VhettSkirata Mando'ade 04:52, December 19, 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, Vhett, but I'm not sure if you really want it. It isn't much bigger and doesn't show much more than the Skirata you see here...and a few other Skirata's ;) http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:KaminoRecording.jpg Revan Malak 19:19, January 9, 2010 (UTC)
Oh no, there are literally thousands of them online....just Google "Ed Harris." :)