Maz Kanata in The Phantom Menace? Edit
So I was watching The Phantom Menace the other day, when I saw this figurine in Anakin Skywalker's bedroom on Tatooine.
Would this warrant an entry in the "Appearances" section?
Edit: Sorry for big image size. Can't figure out how to shrink it. Click on the image to display a preview if its too big on-screen.
- Nope. It's most likely a coincidence (or possibly inspiration for Maz's design). There's been no official statement as of now. Cwedin(talk) 03:50, March 21, 2016 (UTC)
- Update: Star Wars: Complete Locations identifies the figurine as "strange statue of alien pirate Anakin picked up from passing trader," so (even if it's a retcon), it sounds like the statue may be Maz after all. (However, this is probably one of those cases where the author was intentionally ambiguous). - Cwedin(talk) 09:39, November 15, 2016 (UTC)
Alternate Stories in Behind Scenes Template necessary?Edit
In the BTL Y-wing starfighter/Canon page, this paragraph appears in the Notes and references section. In Kekit's Databank entry, it is stated that Saponza and his partner played an integral part in the campaign that liberated a Jawa clan from the Tusken Raiders. It also states that the plan was orchestrated by Jennica Pierce of the Rebel Alliance. This scenario does not occur if the player aligns with the Empire, so it can be deduced that Saponza's gang joined the Rebellion. Is it safe to assume that withKekit's databank entry, we can begin removing the template wherever it is used in Star Wars Commander? Because it appears that the Rebel storyline was confirmed as canon with Kekit's entry.50px Yo.-User:Fan26 (Talk) 19:20, October 4, 2017 (UTC)
- Two things: 1.) Maz's objectives, although part of the game, were not part of the main Alliance campaign. Maz's objectives were an optional limited-time bonus activity that players could choose to take part in, or opt out completely. Pleayers weren't required to complete the missions in order to defeat Kosh's 68th Legion at Fort Ironhand, which was the end goal of the campaign mode.2.) Although it is canonical that Saponza's Gang joined the Rebel Alliance, the Imperial mode is still a valid gameplay alternative. I'd vote to keep the template, but change slightly so that it's also a 100% completion template. Shayn Mikel (talk) 06:50, October 9, 2017 (UTC)
With the release of Flight of the Falcon, Part 5: Grand Theft Falcon, the line about Maz not seeing Han in 25 years from Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary cannot be true. Ducain overhearing the reference to a clone (Kix) knowing about lost Separatist treasures means this comic takes place after 31 ABY, as the Crimson Corsair story takes place 50 years after its prologue (in 19 BBY). And with Han and Maz talking to each other in this issue, they obviously saw each other in that supposed 25 year gap --Lewisr (talk) 20:44, February 21, 2019 (UTC)
- Matt answered about that on Twitter, looks like 25 years was never meant to be true--DarthRuiz30 (talk) 20:49, February 21, 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks Ruiz, so I guess we should take that out of Maz's page then? --Lewisr (talk) 20:54, February 21, 2019 (UTC)