OK, I have some thoughts.
First of all, Sidrona Diath died 4000 BBY in the Battle of Basilisk. Netus was still Minister of Defense 3997 BBY during the Naddist Uprising, and apparently did not become Chancellor until 3996 BBY. So apparently there was an anonymous Chancellor between Diath and Netus, right? Also, in Naddist Uprising, Netus is portrayed as human, but when Exar Kun kills him, he looks like an alien.JustinGann 12:54, 25 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- Netus continues to hold the post of Minister for Defence even while Supreme Chancellor. This happens fairly regularly in parliamentary democracies such as the UK - the Prime Minister can often hold another portfolio. For example Tony Blair is Prime Minister, First Lord of the Treasury AND Minister for the Civil Service.
- Netus is some sort of Near-Human, probably. He looks fairly hairy in the picture on the page. QuentinGeorge 22:10, 25 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- Hey, that isn't Netus. I've read the Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War and the image on the article looks nothing like him. That comic shows him as some having a grey squid head with tentacles for hands. Can someone please sort it out. MyNz
- OK, So he was Minister of Defense AND Supreme Chancellor. Hmm, interesting. Of course, in The Freedon Nadd Uprising, Netus says "Fellow Senators...." which I took to mean he was not yet Su Chancellor, since Supreme Chancellors ceased to be Senators in the Prequel era (ie, Palpatine/Amidala), but I guess that may have not yet been true at the time of this comic in-universe, as so many things changed (I mean, in prequels Jedi could NOT be Supreme Chancellors). Also, the comics was written before AOTC revealed you couldnt be both Chancellor AND Senator, out of universe.
MyNz: Sorry, but that IS Netus. I agree with you the pic shown looks NOTHING like the pic of Netus in The Sith War, but I am afraid that IS the pic of Netus in Freedon Nadd Uprisin. Apparently he didn't age well;)JustinGann 05:46, 27 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- Netus is NOT the tentacled guy from The Sith War. Netus is the guy with the Kir Kanos like scar on his face from the Battle for Coruscant in The Sith War. The name Netus is only mentioned one time when Vodo arrives on Coruscant. Look at that scene again, it's a little ambiguous, but Vodo is not addressing the President of the Senate (The tentacled face guy), he is addressing the human character, Netus. This also clears up the whole, "Shape-shifting" theory. The Minister of Defense (Netus, the human with the scar on his face in Sith War) and the President of the Senate (Tentacle face who is killed by Exar) are two completely different people.
- Oh my! You're right! This changes a lot of things... --Master Starkeiller 18:21, 15 Dec 2005 (UTC)
Before anyone goes postal on me for saying he seemed to prefer President of the Senate instead of Supreme Chancellor, I would like to point out that there is a canon source that gives it some credence that has prequel knowledge. The Essential Chronology identifies that the President of the Senate announced a Death Sentence for Ulic Qel-Droma, and while it does not identify Netus by name, it does call him President of the Senate. And the EC was aware of the Supreme Chancellorship. -- SFH 01:02, 15 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- EC was released just after TPM, before the President = Chancellor retcon had bene established, wasn't it? And in any event, I am sure that I've seen it officially stated somewhere (by Dan Wallace maybe?) that Netus was a Supreme Chancellor. Kuralyov 18:16, 15 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Also, you can't make such a potentially controversial change without gaining some sort of consensus first. Kuralyov 05:03, 16 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- If this is about removing him as Supreme Chancellor that wasn't me. If it's about me putting in he prefered the title President to Chancellor, I won't put it back up...personally, I still think that President and Chancellor were separate offices. -- SFH 05:07, 16 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- It was about removing him as Chancellor, and I just realized that it wasn't you. I apologize. Kuralyov 05:08, 16 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Kuraylov, do you have The Sith War? Look at the scene where the name Netus is mentioned, the tentacled guy is NOT Netus, how hard is that to understand. Do you really see that tentacled guy being able to wear rocket boosters! Netus is the human who helps lead Republic troops in the First Battle of Coruscant! Now can we agree to change it?188.8.131.52 05:09, 16 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- How hard is it for you to accept that artists make mistakes, and that the official line is that they're the same? Kuralyov 05:11, 16 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- What official line? There is no source that says that Netus is the Supreme Chancellor. Please quote it if there is and I'll lay off
- Three words: New Essential Chronology. Kuralyov 05:18, 16 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Right, I have it, just where is Netus mentioned as the Supreme Chancellor?
- Ok, I've scoured that whole area of the NEC, and no mention of Netus, can we please agree now that Netus was not the tentacled Supreme Chancellor from The Sith War?
- All Right, I'm going to change it because I have three sources that do not mention Netus as Supreme Chancellor and by logic we can assume that he was not a shapeshifter, so Netus was not the Supreme Chancellor. You have an assumption that Dan Wallace told you that Netus was the Supreme Chancellor.
- Dude, I will not get over it. Netus is NOT the squid President. There is no error of one person having two different images. How can you change it back without even refuting my evidence?Cull Tremayne 05:04, 17 Dec 2005 (UTC)
I actually agree that it makes a lot of sense that Netus and squid-Chancellor are NOT the same. The comic from which I derived this pic nowhere calls hims SC, just Minister of Defense.JustinGann 15:15, 17 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Can we get some sort of "Behind the Scenes" explanation, so we don't have the disagreement again? QuentinGeorge 23:51, 18 Dec 2005 (UTC)
I've been wondering one thing. Did Netus's service as Defense Minister stretch into the Mandalorian Wars or did it end sooner than that? Jedi Wolf 3:53, 16 October 2006 (UTC)