The infobox says his birthplace is Stewjon, which then references the old Star Wars Encyclopedia. Since that information was taken down, and Stewjon is nowhere to be mentioned on the new site, could it be possible that this information is no longer considered "true canon" by Disney? Even though there's a back up link, the information there is still obsolete. What is (if there is any) the consensus on subjects like this? Jak Himself (talk) 20:11, July 9, 2014 (UTC)
Okay, I've read that Lucas himself referenced "Stewjon" as his home planet, though he said so jokingly. Is his "joke" to be considered canon? If so, shouldn't the reference be changed? Jak Himself (talk) 20:13, July 9, 2014 (UTC)
- It's canon. The Encyclopedia is still considered canon, since it never had any EU/Legends information on it. Obi-Wan's new Databank entry still lists Stewjon as well. - Brandon Rhea(talk) 20:17, July 9, 2014 (UTC)
Kenobi's Holocron Edit
Has it actually been confirmed yet that what is seen in the Rebels trailer is a holocron Keonbi made or does simply appear to be one? If it hasn't been confirmed yet, I think that brief paragraph should be removed. Geffix (talk) 07:50, July 31, 2014 (UTC)
While I can understand the possibility of a half-truth, Obi-Wan says to Luke that Yoda was "The Jedi Master, Who Instructed Me" and clarifies this when he speaks in the cave and with Luke in the next movie. Yoda should be listed as his master alongside Qui-Gon Jinn (not Force-Spirit).--Marcuspearl (talk) 05:43, March 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Yoda trained all the young padawans, as evident in Episode 2. I'm pretty sure that's what Obi Wan meant.Brules (talk) 05:45, March 5, 2016 (UTC)
Anakin and Obiwan Edit
Is there a specific reason that no one has added the info from the Anakin and Obiwan comics? Or is it just that no one has gotten around to it? 15:48, April 29, 2016 (UTC) —Unsigned comment by User:Jabot164 (talk • contribs).
- No one has gotten around to it. But if you feel like giving it a try, go ahead! :-) --LelalMekha (talk) 20:01, April 29, 2016 (UTC)
Shmi's Grave Edit
There's a part in the Ahsoka novel where Obi-Wan visits Shmi Skywalker's grave and apologizes for what became of her son. I feel like that would be a great addition to this article. —Unsigned comment by TheHallow1 (talk • contribs).
- Feel free to go ahead and add it yourself if you want! --Lewisr (talk) 11:07, December 4, 2016 (UTC)
Listing the Rebel Alliance as an affiliationEdit
I'd like to ask whats the basis to to list him as member of the Rebel Alliance considering he was killed without meeting Leia or reaching the Rebel Base.--Gonzalo84 (talk) 23:57, December 29, 2016 (UTC)
- He was in league with Bail Organa, one of the Alliance's founders and he went on a mission at the request of Leia to deliver the Death Star plans to the Rebel Alliance on Alderaan. After finding the planet destroyed, he turned off the Death Star's tractor beam generators and gave his life in order to allow Leia to escape and allow the Death Star plans to get back to Yavin (as well as to ensure Luke's safety). After he died, he helped Luke destroy the Death Star during the Battle of Yavin. No doubt he did a lot of those things so Luke could re-form the Jedi Order, but he was definitely a part of the Rebel Alliance. -- Dr. Porter (Talk|Contribs) 06:57, December 30, 2016 (UTC)
Main picture: shouldn't it be him as a Force ghost? Edit
Given what we've seen in The Last Jedi', it seems that Force spirits can last and interact more with the material world than we thought. Shouldn't the infobox image for Obi-Wan feature him as a ghost, since it's his last appearance? --Lelal Mekha (Audience Room) 12:35, January 11, 2018 (UTC)
- Technically yes but it seems more practical to use a picture of him as a person. GeneralGrievous7 (talk) 09:30, June 1, 2019 (UTC)
Date of BirthEdit
Does a DOB of 57 BBY even seem plausible? This means he was 43 years old when he died. Alec Guinness was 63 and looks 63 when he was in ANH.
Ewan McGregor was approaching 30 in The Phantom Menace, and the character didn't seem to be playing to act younger than the actor. The Phantom Menace is 32 years before ANH, which would make Ewan's Obi-Wan 11 years old in TPM.
This seems to be something where the source Star Wars: Card Trader just got it wrong and the site is perpetuating the error.