Sky and planetsEdit
I have the game for PC and whenever i play, i can never see the see the sky or when i'm in space i can never see the planets. And images and video's show that you can. is there a setting to change what you can see? i know it's kinda a weird thing to ask but i was just wondering. JediNTT307 03:23, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
- No, you can't switch them off, I have the XBox version and my nephew has the PC. You can find them but you have to look around.... Oh, wait, what mode are you in, because if your in Galactic Conquest and you encounter an enemy force in between planets then you are encountering then in "Space," where a planet does not appear. (It is especially hard to find Polis Massa. They don't attack it often and it's SB is only available in GC. And its itty bitty.) NaruHina Talk 02:42, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
- You probably have a video card incompatibility.
501st journal not available in Playstation 2Edit
So I finally bought the Playstation 2 version of this game, and I was sorely disappointed that there do not seem to be any 501st journal cutscenes or narration. All the game has before battle is the short battle clip from the movie, followed by the loading screen. Should this be mentioned behind the scenes in this article? One of the reasons I bought the game was from the descriptions of its rich storyline that I read here, and I'm not sure I would have purchased it had it warned me that the clips were not available on my game system. I had to read the articles here to realize that the artifact seized in level 1 was meant to be used for Palpatine's superlaser. :-) -BaronGrackle 22:15, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
- Your not allowed to delete things from talk pages, no matter what the reason NaruHina Talk 07:05, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
- I can't; really? Even if I made the original comment, and no one had yet responded to it, and I had heard that it was a problem with my specific system that had nothing to do with the game this article is about itself? Fine; we can leave it here on the talk page. Maybe someone else will have the same problem. -BaronGrackle 12:49, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
- Try not to hit any buttons when there is supposed to be a cutscene. Hit a button and it skips.--LastJedi1515 21:34, November 11, 2009 (UTC)
It would be cool if people stopped adding irrelevant and badly typed trivia. Klow 16:49, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
On my copy of battlefront 2 once my computer keybourd was doing odd stuff and on galatic conquest, SOMEWAY SOMEHOW the highlighing to my planets and my spaceroughts so now you cant see them. --User:Axx1000 23:28, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
I was surprised that this wasn't on the front page, and was stunned to discover it wasn't anywhere. I got the link from Star Wars.com http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Mobile/Star+Wars+Battlefront:+Mobile+Squadrons/news.asp?c=10840 Dr.Kermit(The Doctor is in) 00:25, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
Is it safe to say that the appearance of the Death Star I battlefield is non-canon? In my opinion, it seems to be just a generalized summary of the Death Star I interior rather than an actual map. Has this been addressed before? --Kohr'dan Voss 01:33, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
I think it's been confirmed non-canon. though i cant remember where I read that. maybe someone has a source link"There is no escape"-Darth Vader 15:03, January 25, 2010 (UTC)
Battlefront III Edit
Bad news, everyone. It turns out that Free Radical was actually working on Battlefront III before they died. There's some footage here: http://kotaku.com/5131846/leaked-star-wars-battlefront-3-gameplay-footage Too bad, really. I wanted to see what that clone trooper with the vibroblade fighting the jedi was all about. But we're Star Wars fans, we're used to disappointment. 22.214.171.124 00:27, 16 January 2009 (UTC)
- Wait, so they're just going to scrap an entire game since the company went under? They wouldn't just give it to another company to finish? And what's with them always redoing certain levels (i.e. Battle of Hoth)? I want an expanded universe Battlefront! Argh! --Kohr'dan Voss 03:12, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- Also, same footage is here as well (http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14265493/star-wars-battlefront-iii/videos/battlefront3_leakedfootage_011509.html), in case the other link is pulled. --Kohr'dan Voss 03:16, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- it's listed instore @ eb games/gamestop for a june release this year
c&c modder 19:58 january 22, 2010(utc)
- So that's a yes on its release. or have they just not updated their Games to be released section. I hope it gets released. I played battlefront One for around a total of 100 hours and 2 for upwards of 400 hours"There is no escape"-Darth Vader 12:56, January 25, 2010 (UTC)
- The storyline is. Instant Action and other sandbox-type stuff isn't. -- I need a name (Complain here) 17:11, 19 January 2009 (UTC)
- Maybe you should watch ESB again then. -- I need a name (Complain here) 17:26, 19 January 2009 (UTC)
- Well, not all the rebels died on Hoth. The game says that the rebellion was completely wiped out on Hoth. I would say that that particular battle is not cannon. User:126.96.36.199 (Master Smart)
- They wanted to make it look like the 501st won completly. Wouldn't it look silly if the most elite clone troopers in the galaxy got their butts handed to them by Ewoks? Exactly.--LastJedi1515 21:38, November 11, 2009 (UTC)
- The 501st thought they had won, the narrator is a 501st trooper, that's why the entry says the rebels died there. And also the 501st are not the most elite. brightfur 20:15, January 8, 2011 (UTC)
Is it just me or does the reloading in this game seem kinda boring and nonrealistic? I mean, touching your hip and slapping the bottom of your gun? --188.8.131.52 17:59, 16 March 2009 (UTC)
- I cannot think of a SINGLE thirdperson game that features full clip reloading features. Not even GTA IV has them! --Fireman V2 05:11, December 23, 2009 (UTC)
STAR WARS INSIDER Edit
You should buy Star Wars Insiders. You can get them at your local Block Buster. Check out its versus article. In this article they pit two characters (who never actually battled) against each other and determine who would win and why.
Example: Zam Wessel Vs. Aurra Sing
- I'm not entirely sure what that has to do with the article... — beeurd talk 22:04, 20 March 2009 (UTC)
- Hey! This ain't a commercial! Go advertise somewhere else. Wookiepedia is not for advertising. If you like SW Insider so much, go contribute to the actual article!--LastJedi1515 21:43, November 11, 2009 (UTC)
Is there cut content? Edit
- Yes, yes there is. Lots. --184.108.40.206 15:46, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
== Undoing problem ==
How come everytime I press the undo button here it leads me to a regular edit screen? So to say, I was planning to revert a previous edit because both the last edit and the one before that are incorrect edits by anons. Cyfiero 03:41, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
Undoing problem Edit
How come everytime I press the undo button here it leads me to a regular edit screen? So to say, I was planning to revert a previous edit because both the last edit and the one before that are incorrect edits by anons. I know I can just change it myself, but that would be irritating... Cyfiero 03:41, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
Game code Edit
I have the game for PC, but i lost the code. Any chance any of you could give it to me? Thanks --Jedijake123 21:32, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
Article Relavence Edit
In like the 4th or 5th paragraph of the article, it states that the Xbox version can be played on Xbox 360, but a download is needed before you are able to play. Is this really relavent to the content of the article? I don't think so, so I'll change it. Please, tell me if you disagree. User:220.127.116.11 08:27, 6 October 2009 (UTC) Master Smart
I dont see how it isn't relevant to the article. The article is basically all available information about Battlefront II this is pretty reasonable information to be on there in my opinion"There is no escape"-Darth Vader 15:06, January 25, 2010 (UTC)
Dark Trooper Edit
Can someone please get rid of (or at least move to somewhere else) the picture of the Dark Trooper on Polis Massa? If Dark Troopers weren't invented yet as of A New Hope, and since the Rise of the Empire campaign is canonical, can we move it away from the Polis Massa mission? It's very misleading.--LastJedi1515 21:50, November 11, 2009 (UTC)
- actually the dark troopers in both battlefront games is canon, so they were at the Polis Massa and all of those other places. true that it originally conflicted with canon but a retcon was made with the Phase Zero dark trooper Flamingfool719 03:36, November 12, 2009 (UTC)
- This article is based on the Battlefront II game. not the canonocity of star wars or the expanded universe. The Dark Trooper is an available unit in the game Battlefront II thus the picture is relevant to the article and not misleading in the least bit."There is no escape"-Darth Vader 15:08, January 25, 2010 (UTC)
Extra Mode Edit
in the modes paragraph it says that on ps2 there is a glitch if you zoom in between endor and mustafar and pause there are two new game modes. i have got battlefron 2 on ps2 and this doesn't work, or i at least can't do it. how do you zoom in between endor and mustafar and pause and where exactly do you do this? and if indeed this does work How?
- As stupid as it may sound, I can confirm it. On my PC version, when in Galactic Conquest mode showing Galactic Map, I used mouse scroll to zoom in and out of that area and when pressing pause, I got a different-looking menu, with two new modes. However, both are of course non-playable, so don't waste your time trying to activate them. Sign your posts by typing ~~~~. MauserComlink 21:23, December 23, 2009 (UTC)
- I have no idea what a "point in between endor and mustafar" would mean, as the two planets don't even have A route connecting them. brightfur 20:39, January 8, 2011 (UTC)
I just found a glitch in the PS2 game. When I was playing, if I chose the normal troop or engineer class, I would get the award weapon without even doing anything. It is not going away, restarting the game or resetting the PS2 doesn't help. It is actually part of the equipment. Has anyone else had this happen? Should it be on the page? Lieutenant J.J 23:54, December 29, 2009 (UTC)Lieutenant J.J
- This is not a glitch. That means you have scored a legendary status in a single-player campaign, you will always get it at the start now, unless you create a new game profile. MauserComlink 01:10, January 23, 2010 (UTC)
I just really dislike the fact that they made Battlefront 2 canon. I love the game to a fault but really? Theres just to much coincidence in the campaign. Let me give an example:
You fight a battle on MUSTUFAR against GENOSIANS. Okay? You following me camera guy? There is a million planets and hundred of thousands if not millions of sentient species in the galaxy and you bump end up fighting a battle against a faction we have already seen before on a world we a climactic event has already taken place on. Its just weird to me.
BTW, why dont the just Base Delta Zero the hell out of every enemy in that game? Why do you always have to fight them on land?
extra psp maps Edit
can anyone please tell me how to edit the other psp maps into the game off the UMD? the maps that they took from the psp version were my very favorite in the console version.
Instruction manuel Edit
We have lost our manuel to get th key numbers to be able to download the game. How can we get these numbers without the last page of the instruction manuel
Cheat codes Edit
Someone else will need to confirm it, but I've got a thing where you can put in cheat codes! If you go to the instant action screen, and hold your cursor (this might only work on PC) above the Battlefront II logo on the bottom left corner, you can enter cheat codes! 456123 allows you to go to the campaign screen and be able to replay any campaign level via a campaign list button. If you enter, "agoodblasteratyourside" then you have infinite ammo. Entering, "mostimpressive" makes you invincible. And if you enter, "usetheforceluke" you can remove the HUD from the screen! If you can confirm it, post it here so I can put it on the behind the scenes part of this page. Happy editing! brightfur 17:09, January 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Confirmed. When I started playing the game on my PC, I used these cheat codes for a while, until I got better at it. Bestdude101 (talk) 00:01, August 30, 2013 (UTC)
I've tried the glitch where you can walk on the edges of space cruisers... it didn't work. Can anyone actually confirm the glitch and if so tell me how to activate it? brightfur (Questions or comments) 21:34, March 2, 2011 (UTC)
I can confirm it. I've done it several times before. Here is how to do it: When you board a starfighter, as you pass through the shield. Land immediately while part of your ship is still behind the shield. Then exit the vehicle and done! I recommend playing as the Empire though, as the edge of the star destroyer is wider.
"Availabe via Emulation" Edit
Is it really appropriate to say that this game is "available via emulation for XBox 360 and Playstation 3"? What is the context here? Without further clarification, this statement can either say "BF2 is available for download on the PSN or XBL", or "BF2 can be illegally obtained for XBox 360 and PS3". After all, I can say that Super Star Wars is available for the PC, since I can download zSNES or SNES9x and run an illegal rom, that's not to say that it belongs on the article. Thoughts? Taral, Dark Lord of the Sith -Just shy, not antisocial: You can talk to me!- 19:35, May 4, 2011 (UTC)
- The context is that it's playable on the XBox 360 and Playstation 3 by means of their X Box and Playstation 2 emulators built into their own systems. You'd be insane to read into it any other way (in terms of the XBox 360 and Playstation 3) as the XBox barely has a working emulator after all these years, let alone the XBox 360. Giga Hertz 21:41, May 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Is that really "emulation" though? The hardware is just backwards-compatible, the PS3 isn't running an emulator program. Also, by that same rationale, every game made for PS2 or XBox should have that line, and there should be "available via emulation for Wii" should be on every single GameCube game. And every GameBoy Advance game should reference the Nintendo DS, and every Atari 2600 game reference the Commodore 64. Backwards-compatibility is not Emulation. Not to mention the fact that modern PS3s are not backwards compatible. Also, I'm not insane. My mother had me tested. Taral, Dark Lord of the Sith -Just shy, not antisocial: You can talk to me!- 13:56, May 5, 2011 (UTC)
Someone needs to add to the consoles part of the template that the game can be played on the Xbox 360, it is backwards compatible.
--18.104.22.168 22:20, August 27, 2012 (UTC)
major discrepancy throughout article Edit
Perhaps this is just my perfectionism speaking, but I cannot help but be irked by a persistent discrepancy that has lingered on this article for probably as long as it has existed. This discrepancy stems partially from many editors' mistaken treatment of many general nouns as proper nouns. For instance, one of the primary grammar problems I have come across on this wiki is the capitalization of unit names such as "scout trooper" as "Scout Trooper" or "super battle droid" as "Super Battle Droid." This is not a problem that plagues most of the other pages, but it is especially prevalent on Battlefront-related articles. I can presume that the confusion is generally borne from the convention of video games and game guides to capitalize these words in their menus and interface and the like. For example, when selecting a unit to play during a game session, the unit names will appear as "Clone Trooper," "Heavy Trooper," "Jet Trooper," etc. while the equipment are also similarly capitalized as "Thermal Detonator" & "Blaster Rifle." This does not mean that any of these words are proper nouns; they are general nouns. It is just the convention of games to capitalize these things.
I would set about the task of correcting all incorrect instances of capitalization throughout the article, but I have realized that it is possible that the original editors' intention was to merely list the items in the way that they are presented/mentioned in the game rather than by the "proper" names. For instance, "Tank Droid" instead of NR-N99 Persuader-class droid enforcer or perhaps the best example: "Clone Commander" instead of Galactic Marine. Thus, it is possible that the intended format was to list the items by the in-game names rather than the actual names, and therefore the grammar issue revolving around the capitalization stems not from ignorance but from faithfulness to the in-game convention.
Still, this format of mentioning the items by the in-game names (again like "Clone Commander" rather than the proper "Galactic Marine") is not consistent throughout the article. For example, the Belbullab-24 strike bomber is mentioned by its actual name rather than the game's moniker of "CIS Strike Bomber" and yet as mentioned the Corporate Alliance tank droid is mentioned simply as "tank droid" rather than NR-N99 Persuader-class Droid Enforcer. I am thus unsure of what format should be favored in this article, especially considering that I'm still relatively new to Wookieepedia. Sol Pacificus (talk) 06:24, October 29, 2013 (UTC)
- I am eager to receive someone else's opinion on this matter. Until then, however, I will format it by setting all the items listed in their correct grammatical form: thus thermal detonator instead of Thermal Detonator. Beyond this, for now at least, I will maintain the prior format of listing them based on how they are mentioned in the game guides and other associated sources (e.g. DC-15A blaster rifle is written as DC-15 Blaster Rifle in the game guide; for the article, I will keep it as DC-15 blaster rifle, correcting the capitalization but keeping the game's way of mentioning the item). Sol Pacificus (talk) 06:40, October 29, 2013 (UTC)
Individual AI units Edit
- I feel that the individual AI units deserve articles. I feel that most will disagree but I am willing to do it if accepted.--RazulAntiwield (talk) 07:34, September 18, 2014 (UTC)