- "Gunners! Look alive!"
- ―Tallissan Lintra during the evacuation of D'Qar
Tallissan "Tallie" Lintra was a human female pilot who served as a lieutenant and squadron commander in the Resistance 's naval branch during the New Republic era. Before joining the Resistance, Lintra lived on a farm with her father on Pippip 3 where she learned how to fly using her father's old RZ-1 A-wing interceptor. Some time after joining the Resistance, Lintra participated in a series of missions against a group of pirates in the Cassander sector. By the time of the war against the First Order, Lintra was known as one of the most capable pilots on the Resistance. She piloted a RZ-2 A-wing interceptor and served as Blue Leader during the evacuation of D'Qar until her demise aboard the Raddus at the hands of a pair of missiles fired by Kylo Ren's TIE Silencer.
Joining the ResistanceEdit
Tallissan Lintra was born in 12 ABY long after the dark days of the Galactic Empire. During her early life she and her father lived on a farm on Pippip 3, where she learned how to fly using her father's crop duster RZ-1 A-wing.
In 28 ABY, Princess Leia Organa created the Resistance, a small military force created to oppose the First Order. By 34 ABY, Lintra had joined the Resistance, becoming a lieutenant and one of their most capable pilots, impressing even Poe Dameron with her piloting skills.
Cassander sector campaignEdit
- "Tallie's A-wings were swooping in to pound our attackers."
- ―Paige Tico writing about Tallie's service during the battle of Mamkoda
In 34 ABY, the Resistance learned that pirates armed by the First Order had started to raid the star systems in the Cassander sector. In response to the threat of the sector being taken by the First Order, the Resistance sent Lintra and her A-wing squadron as well as bombers from Cobalt and Crimson Squadron to the sector. The Resistance's first target in the sector was to destroy a pirate controlled spaceport on Mamkoda, Lintra and her squadron were assigned to protect the bombers while they made their attack run on the spaceport. During the battle, Lintra and her squadron encountered heavy resistance from the pirates, but the Resistance bombers were able to destroy their target.
Three days after the mission on Mamkoda, Lintra and the Resistance forces undertook a relief mission to Caraxl. While the bombers started to deliver the supplies, Lintra reported to the bombers that First Order TIE fighters were on an intercept course to their position. As their orders were to avoid confrontation with First Order vessels, the mission was aborted and they headed back to the Free Virgillia-class Bunkerbuster Ninka. After returning they learned that the pirates' base was located on Sheh Soahi, with the information Resistance forces were able to destroy the base and get proof of the First Order alliance with the pirates.
Evacuation of D'QarEdit
- "Bombers, keep that tight formation. Fighters, protect the bombers. It's not every day we get a shot at a dreadnought, so let's make this count."
- ―Tallissan Lintra giving orders to the Resistance squadrons
Following the destruction of Starkiller Base, ships from the Resistance fleet arrived at D'Qar with new complements of starfighters and joined the remaining forces stationed on the planet to reinforce the Resistance base. After the Resistance learned that the First Order was regrouping, Lintra was present on a briefing where General Organa ordered to evacuate the planet, shocked by the decission Lintra discussed with Suralinda Javos about it. During the briefing Dameron designed a semi-improvised plan to protect the evacuation ships, Lintra and the A-wings were assigned as the primary defense for the fleet. Dameron also designed a plan destroy a Mandator IV-class Siege Dreadnought after receiving the schematics from Inferno Squad. As part of the plan squadron commander Lintra, piloting an A-wing starfighter and assuming the leadership of Blue Squadron, was tasked to command the Resistance starfighter forces and escort the bombers to the dreadnought .
After the First Order fleet arrived at D'Qar, Lintra and the fighters started their approach to the dreadnought after Commander Dameron had destroyed all the turbolasers on the Fulminatrix's surface. While they started to get closer to the dreadnought Lintra ordered the bombers to stay in formation and joked with her wingmate Stomeroni Starck to not get drawn into dogfights. During their approach Teene spotted several TIE fighters closing in formation, Lintra compared their formation to dire hounds loose among whellays back home on Pippip 3. Once the TIE Fighters got close enough the Resistance fighters engaged in combat trying to clear a path for the bombers, after reaching the dreadnought Lintra ordered the bombardiers to start their dropping sequence on the ship, however the majority of the bombers were destroyed after one spiraling TIE cockpit detonated the proton bombs in one of the bombers. The only bomber left managed to drop its explosives destroying the dreadnought. As the dreadnought exploded Lintra and the surviving fighters returned to the Raddus and jumped into hyperspace.
Attack on the Resistance fleetEdit
- "That's practically an entire starfleet"
- ―Tallissan Lintra's reaction to the First Order fleet chasing them after D'Qar
After fleeing from D'Qar, the Resistance fleet dropped out of hyperspace in the remote Oetchi system. Unknown to the Resistance, the First Order had tracked them through hyperspace and began an attack on their fleet. Lintra, whilst sleeping, had a dream where she had to protect the bombers, but she couldn't see them but instead could only locate them by the screams of their pilots as they died. After being woken up by a klaxon in the Raddus ready room, Lintra and Starck confusingly looked at the holotank and realized that the First Order fleet had followed them. After putting on her boots and her flight vest Lintra made her way to the hangar. In the hangar Lintra and the rest of the fighters started up their ships in order to engage the First Order. Before they could take off, Kylo Ren fired a pair of missiles into the hangar from his TIE silencer, killing Lintra and destroying the starfighters.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Practice your dance moves later–we gotta fly."
- ―Lintra joking with Starck
Tallissan Lintra was a human female who had light skin, brown eyes and blonde hair. Lintra's piloting skills were able to impress the Resistance ace pilot Poe Dameron and also made her one of the most capable pilots in the Resistance. Her skills came from flying during her early life the RZ-1 A-wing on her homeworld of Pippip 3. With her expertise on the RZ-1, Lintra believed that flying the newer RZ-2 A-wing was like lacing her boots. Lintra was also observed by the Resistance leader for her leadership potential this lead them to make the decision of give her the command of Blue Squadron.
Lintra cared for her fellow pilots and she was afraid of not being able to help other pilots during combat. After the battle at D'Qar she started to had nightmares in which she couldn't see the other pilots, but she could only hear their screams as they were being killed. Lintra also had a good relationship with her wingmate Stomeroni Starck, she often joked with him,  and tried to keep Starck in check.
Lintra wore a standard green Resistance pilot uniform that included a FreiTek life support unit attached to her vest and a Guidenhauser ejection harness, additionally she wore a synthsilk scarf that her father gifted her. Lintra's red and white flight helmet had the letters "DA" wrote in aurebesh on it, which stood for "Deadly Approach" a punch-line to a well-known pilots' joke. Lintra piloted a blue marked RZ-2 A-wing starfighter and carried a blaster pistol with her.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Fighters, protect the bombers—don't get drawn into dogfights. Let me hear you say copy that, Starck."
"No fun, copy that."
- ―Tallissan Lintra and Stomeroni Starck expanded dialogue in the novelization
Tallissan Lintra was portrayed by English actress Hermione Corfield in the 2017 Star Wars sequel trilogy film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, which was written and directed by Rian Johnson. The character was credited as "A-Wing Pilot Tallie" in the film's end credits, but was later identified as "Tallissan Lintra" in the movie's Visual Dictionary and Incredible Cross-Sections reference books released in conjunction with the film. Corfield's involvement in the film was first announced by Rian Johnson on his Twitter account on October 3, 2017.
Before Tallissan Lintra's appearance on the film, she was first mentioned in the tie-in activity book Star Wars: A-Wing Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model and later made her first appearance in the 2017 video game Star Wars Battlefront II, in its The Last Jedi season. The season introduced Tallie's RZ-2 A-Wing fighter as one of the playable starfighter hero units. Tallie's A-wing was added to the game two days before the film, on December 13, 2017.
Tallisan Lintra's dialogue is expanded on the movie's novelization, during the opening sequence in which Lintra and the Resistance forces approach the First Order dreadnought, the Resistance forces are positioned farthest than in the film giving space to a brief interaction between Lintra and Stomeroni Starck.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (First appearance) (DLC)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 1
- Poe Dameron 28: The Awakening, Part III (Appears in flashback(s))
- (First pictured)
- Star Wars: A-Wing Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Tallissan; simultaneous with Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections (First identified as Tallissan; simultaneous with Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary)
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Heroes of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy
- ; image #7 (of 7)
- ; image #6 (of 6)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary mentions that Tallissan Lintra was 22 years old at the time of Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY and The Last Jedi takes place immediately after the end of The Force Awakens, using simple math we can place Lintra's birth to 12 ABY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi takes place immediately after the end of The Force Awakens.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- ↑ 5.00 5.01 5.02 5.03 5.04 5.05 5.06 5.07 5.08 5.09 5.10 5.11 5.12 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 6.00 6.01 6.02 6.03 6.04 6.05 6.06 6.07 6.08 6.09 6.10 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
- ↑ screenshot) The tweet in question states that the events of Bloodline take place six years before the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes that the events of The Force Awakens take place in the year 34 ABY and so using simple math it can be concluded that the events of Bloodline take place in 28 ABY. (
- ↑ Bloodline
- ↑ The Resistance's Cassander sector missions takes place shortly before the Atterra campaign which takes place during the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which the reference book Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places in 34 ABY.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Poe Dameron 28: The Awakening, Part III
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 16.3 16.4 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Star Wars: A-Wing Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model
- ↑ screenshot) (
- ↑ Choose a Side: The Last Jedi Season is Coming. Electronic Arts Inc.. Archived from the original on January 20, 2018. Retrieved on November 9, 2017.
- Choose a Side: The Last Jedi Season is Coming. Electronic Arts Inc.. Archived from the original on January 20, 2018. Retrieved on November 9, 2017.