- "You're resisting. He can sense it."
"He can sense it? What is he, like a Padawan cat? Oh!"
"You don't seem to be getting this."
"I get that this furball's trying to kill me. Give me your lightsaber and I'll make the connection."
- ―Kanan Jarrus and Ezra Bridger, as Ezra tries to tame a loth-cat
Taming beasts, also known as animal kinship or beast control, was an ability of the Force that allowed its user to connect mentally with a wild animal. During the Battle of Geonosis, Anakin Skywalker used the Force to tame a ravenous reek in the Petranaki arena. At one point during the Clone Wars, on the planet of Ryloth, Obi-Wan Kenobi used that ability to tame and control a pack of voracious gutkurrs, luring them into a trap. Many years later, Ezra Bridger also used it with a dangerous fyrnock at Fort Anaxes. Bridger, however, connected with the dark side of the Force in summoning such a powerful creature and the experience left him drained. Taming a creature in such a way required letting go of one's inhibitions and opening oneself to the power of the Force. Later, Bridger mastered the skill, connecting with tibidee and purrgil alike. Bridger however was unable to connect with the krykna of Atollon.
- Ultimate Sticker Collection: Star Wars Rebels: Secrets of the Rebels (First identified as Taming beasts)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ultimate Sticker Collection: Star Wars Rebels: Secrets of the Rebels
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Gathering Forces"
- ↑ Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 3: The Chosen One, Part III
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Empire Day"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Dooku: Jedi Lost
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Shroud of Darkness"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "The Call"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "The Mystery of Chopper Base"