Tammuz-an was a planet located in the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories. Shortly after the end of the Clone Wars, the kingdom of Tammuz-an purchased a batch of R-22 prototypes from Kuat Systems Engineering designers for their planetary defense fleet, after the Galactic Empire rejected the ship for mass production. Tammuz-an was responsible for nicknaming the R-22 as "Spearheads" after their resemblance to local spears.
Behind the scenes
Tammuz-an was first introduced in the current Star Wars canon in the galactic map of 2016 Fantasy Flight Games' roleplaying game boxed set Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game. The planet Tammuz-an was originally introduced in the Star Wars Legends continuity in "The Lost Prince", an episode of the TV series Star Wars: Droids: The Adventures of R2-D2 and C-3PO which aired in 1985.
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 29 (Starship Fact File: KSE A-wing starfighter) (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: A-wing Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Rebel Starfighters Owners' Workshop Manual
- Star Wars Complete Vehicles, New Edition
- "Scarif and Other Outer Rim Planets" – Star Wars Encyclopedia