- "Enemy fighters and drop ships penetrating the envelope. Bearing on a course for Tanallay Surge complex."
- ―A New Republic pilot, during the Battle of Tynna
The Tanallay Surge complex was a major political and recreational hub on the Expansion Region world of Tynna. The seat of the Tynnan government, it was surrounded by water chutes and fountains and was several stories in height. During the Yuuzhan Vong War, the extra-galactic Yuuzhan Vong assaulted Tynna and landed at the Surge complex to begin a program of terraforming on the planet.
The Tanallay Surge complex was a legislative and recreational installation on the Expansion Region planet of Tynna, and the seat of the Tynnan government. It was several stories high, spread out over a large area and fronted by a wide set of steps linked to a picturesque lagoon. Surrounded by many pools, water chutes, and fountains, the complex was the site of the Tanallay Surge posting agency, a posting agency frequented by bounty hunters.
- "What we're seeing is going live to every city on Tynna."
- ―A New Republic pilot, on the satellite feed of the complex
During the Yuuzhan Vong War, in 26 ABY, the extra-galactic Yuuzhan Vong attacked Tynna, defeating its meager defensive contingent of starfighters, and made planetfall at the Tanallay Surge complex. As they did so, an unarmed group of several hundred Tynnans—tricked by the collaborationist Peace Brigade into surrendering Tynna to the invaders without firing a shot—awaited the landing force at the main steps above the lagoon.
The Yuuzhan Vong force led by Supreme Commander Nas Choka and Commander Malik Carr, however, had no intentions of meeting with the Tynnans and left them to wait at the Surge complex. In the meantime, the Yuuzhan Vong began the biological engineering of Tynna's oceans, releasing a chemical from their dropships to optimize the water for the cultivation of biots such as dovin basals for use in their further conquest of the galaxy. These events were witnessed by a New Republic stealth ship as they were broadcast via satellite to every city on Tynna.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Tanallay Surge complex was first mentioned in the 1998 reference book The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons, which was written by Daniel Wallace and illustrated by Brandon McKinney and Scott Kolins. The complex later made its first appearance in James Luceno's 2000 novel, The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse.
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse audiobook (Talking Book Publishers Inc.)
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett