- "Outlander! You are guilty of assassinating the Immortal Emperor, and of evading imprisonment!"
"We demand your immediate surrender!"
- ―Novo and Tanek
Tanek was a male Human from the planet Zakuul who served in the Knights of Zakuul, an order of Force-sensitive warriors who protected the Eternal Empire and its ruler, the Immortal Emperor. In 3632 BBY, he was partnered with a fellow Knight named Novo, and they were among the Zakuulan forces that attempted to stop the escape of the criminal known as the Outlander from the Spire on Zakuul. Tanek met his end as a result of the encounter. Novo later blamed the Outlander for Tanek's death, even though it was not the Outlander who struck the killing blow.
Behind the scene[edit | edit source]
Players have two options: let Tanek be killed by Lana Beniko for dark side points and influence with Beniko, or set him free for light side points and lose influence with Beniko. If he is spared, Tanek will be executed by Vaylin for letting the Outlander escape.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire establishes that the Knights of Zakuul, and by extension the Scions of Zakuul, are all natives of the planet Zakuul, as are the overwhelming majority of the Eternal Empire's population.
- According to the novel The Old Republic: Annihilation, the Treaty of Coruscant collapsed in 3642 BBY, and Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire states that Choza Raabat disappeared two years before that, or 3644 BBY. The game also establishes that Raabat's disappearance occurred twelve years before the events of Fallen Empire, so Chapters II-VII of Fallen Empire must take place in 3632 BBY, and Chapter I—which takes place five years prior to the rest of the expansion—in 3637 BBY. Chapter IX and the post-chapter content span a number of months, between the years 3632 and 3631 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire—Chapter III: Outlander
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire establishes that the population of the Eternal Empire, and by extension the Knights of Zakuul, are an almost entirely Human civilization, with species such as Nautolans being completely foreign to them.