Tann Gella was a female Rutian Twi'lek slave who, along with her twin sister Ann Gella, was purchased by the Dug podracer Sebulba from the Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure. In the year 32 BBY, she and her twin were with Sebulba on the planet Tatooine, where he planned to take part in the Boonta Eve Classic race outside Mos Espa spaceport. The twins helped the Dug prepare for the race, one filing his toenails and the other massaging his shoulders while he sat with his podracer in the Mos Espa Grand Arena's hangar.
Behind the scenes
Tann Gella was portrayed by actress Nishan Hindes in the film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace which was released on May 19, 1999. Nishan acted alongside her real-life twin sister Nifa Hindes, who played Ann Gella in the same scene. The character did not receive a name in the film, but was identified by the Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary reference book written by David West Reynolds and released on May 26, 1999. The name was first used in canon in the video game Star Wars: Force Collection, which was originally released in 2013.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Tann Gella (★)) (First identified as Tann Gella)
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z