- "The Empire killed my friends."
- ―Hazram Namir blaming Tar's death on the Empire
Tar was a male soldier who lived on the Outer Rim planet Crucival during the Imperial Era. He joined a band of soldiers led by the human Hazram Namir. In 0 BBY, the band was recruited by the Galactic Empire to help defend Crucival's transmitter tower from Rebel Alliance forces. However, almost the entire band, including Tar, was killed in the battle after the Empire abandoned them. Namir, the sole survivor, blamed the deaths of Tar and the rest of the band on the Empire.
Tar was a soldier who lived on Crucival, an Outer Rim planet ridden with war between various competing factions, during the Imperial Era. He fought for at least one master, who was eventually lost. Tar then resorted to robbing passersby in the streets, hiding the brand that symbolized his former faction. Hazram Namir, another soldier who had once fought against him, eventually recruited Tar to join him and a band of other soldiers who were ready to stop fighting in the reoccurring wars on the planet.
In 0 BBY, the Galactic Empire offered to arm any volunteers who would help the Imperials defend Crucival's transmitter tower against an imminent attack by the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry. Tar and the rest of Namir's band of soldiers were among the many who took the offer. However, nearly all of them died in the first wave of the attack after the Empire abandoned the armed volunteers. By end of the battle, Tar and the rest of the band had been killed, leaving only Namir alive. The soldier blamed the Empire for their deaths, and subsequently joined the 61st during the company's recruitment drive a week after the battle. He cited the deaths of the band to the rebel Besalisk Gadren as his reason for enlisting.
Behind the scenes
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Battlefront: Twilight Company establishes that Hazram Namir joined the 61st Mobile Infantry one week after the Battle of the Tower and two months before the Battle of Yavin. As the Battle of Yavin was the final event of the year 0 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas, the Battle of the Tower, where Tar died, must also take place in 0 BBY.
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Battlefront: Twilight Company establishes that Crucival is located within the Tion Hegemony, a sector that Ultimate Star Wars places in the Outer Rim Territories.