Tarfful was a male Wookiee Chieftain of Kachirho who was an old friend of Chewbacca and fought in the Battle of Kashyyyk during the Clone Wars, at least until the battle ended during the start of the Great Jedi Purge. During the battle in 19 BBY, he had good relations with Yoda and was behind him for the entirety of the battle. Tarfful, while not a general, carefully planned out the placement of troops and warriors with Jedi Masters Luminara Unduli and Quinlan Vos. Vos also led the charge with both him and Chewbacca.
Tarfful went through his hrrtayyk ceremony in 185 BBY. He eventually became the leader of Kachirho and served for decades. He did not let his role in politics affect his warrior's edge, as he stayed in shape by vigorous exercise and hazardous hunting trips.
Rescue mission to WasskahEdit
- "Make it quick, general. We're charging by the minute, and if my ship gets damaged it will cost you extra."
- ―Sugi to Tarfful
Before the Clone Wars broke out, Tarfful spent years fighting Trandoshan slavers on Kashyyyk. In 21 BBY, Tarfful's friend Chewbacca was captured by a group of Trandoshans and taken to Wasskah. There, the young Wookiee built a signaling device which sent a distress message to Kashyyyk. Tarfful hired bounty hunters Sugi and Seripas to transport him and a group of Wookiees to Wasskah aboard the starship Halo. There, they made quick work of the Trandoshans and rescued Chewbacca, Ahsoka, Jinx, and O-Mer.
Shortly before the Battle of Kashyyyk, Tarfful went missing and the Wookiees assumed he was lost. He was in fact caught by Trandoshan slavers, who were backed by the Separatists, and was being held in one of their camps. Upon learning of this, the Republic tasked the elite Clone commandos of Delta Squad with a mission to rescue Tarfful and stop the Separatists. They found that the slavers were going to hand him over to General Grievous for interrogation. Learning of this and General Grievous' presence on Kashyyyk, Delta Squad battled through the camp to rescue Tarfful. After Tarfful managed to destroy one of the IG-100 MagnaGuards attempting to drag him to the General's ship, Delta Squad took down the guards, and escorted Tarfful to his men.
He had good relations with Yoda and was behind him for the entirety of the battle. Tarfful, while not a general, carefully planned out the placement of troops and warriors with Jedi Masters Luminara Unduli and Quinlan Vos. Vos also led the charge with both he and Chewbacca.
When the 41st Elite Corps clone troopers turned on the Jedi, Tarfful and Chewbacca helped Yoda to an escape pod. He and Chewbacca's plan was originally to get to the escape pod undetected, however almost immediately after they left the Wookiee meeting hall, they were attacked by clone troopers, but they managed to silence them before they could send word that the two Wookiees and Yoda had escaped to the rest of the 41st Elite. They tried hiding from the clones in a Wookiee boat, but eventually, the Wookiees decided it was too risky.
A few months later, Tarfful was around when a group of six Jedi who had escaped Order 66, led by Olee Starstone, came to Kashyyyk, looking for any of the three Jedi that had been there when Order 66 had been issued. Tarfful fought in the Battle of Kashyyyk during the Great Jedi Purge, but he was rounded up by the Empire and became a slave, destined to help build the first Death Star.
Personality and traitsEdit
Tarfful was a fearsome fighter as witnessed by Delta Squad. Normally he was a calm and caring individual. Jedi Grand Master Yoda was a trusted friend of his.
Tarfful's fur varied in color from dark brown to beige on various sections of his body. He wore armor around his shoulders and chest, likely traditional Wookiee armor. He often carried a Wookiee bowcaster on his person.
Behind the scenesEdit
According to the Revenge of the Sith DVD text commentary, during Yoda's "goodbye" scene to Chewbacca and Tarfful in the film, Tarfful's roar is actually Itchy's roar from The Star Wars Holiday Special.
The Tarfful Wookiee costume is on display at the Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit.
Before putting on the Wookiee costume, Kingma had to put on a group of water bags that would move like muscles. He also wore a ventilation sweater that prevented him from getting too hot in the warm suit.[source?]
- Star Wars: Republic Commando (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith novelization
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith comic
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith junior novel
- Star Wars: Republic: Hidden Enemy
- "Descent"—Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Volume 4
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
- Star Wars Adventures: Chewbacca and the Slavers of the Shadowlands (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith: Illustrated Screenplay
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Miniatures: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: The Official Magazine 57
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Han Solo: The Early Years"—Star Wars Insider 106
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 30
- "Blood Feud!"—Star Wars Insider 124
- Star Wars: Head-to-Head Tag Teams
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
- "Rogues Gallery: Wookiee Warriors!"—Star Wars Insider 141
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Chewbacca (★★★★))
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 13 (CHE1–2, Chewbacca)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Head-to-Head Tag Teams
- ↑ Star Wars Adventures: Chewbacca and the Slavers of the Shadowlands
- ↑ The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 13 (CHE1–2, Chewbacca)
- ↑ Hasbro's 41st Elite Corps Clone Trooper review on Rebelscum.com
- ↑ Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Order 66 (Card: 41st Elite Corps AT-RT)
- ↑ Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Order 66 (Card: 41st Elite Corps BARC Speeders)