- "The blood of all Taris will not be on my hands. If it's war you want, you'll fight alone!"
- ―Tynnra Pamlo
Taris was a polluted urban planet located in the Outer Rim. Although Taris was a heavily populated ecumenopolis, much of the surface itself was polluted with wrecked starships and dense, overgrown swamps. Makeshift tenements made of shipping containers and crashed starships stacked on top of one another, while yellow smog drifted in the atmosphere. The elite of the planet dwelled in nicer skyscrapers.
Taris was a very diverse ecumenopolis, that was covered in both urban sprawl and wastelands. On the far side, dwelled the wealthy, and middle class. Wealthy citizens lived in massive towers guarded by private security forces, that were surrounded by cities filled with middle class residents. On the opposite side, poorer inhabitants lived in squalor in wastelands such as the former Talinn district. The Talinn district was covered by decaying urban infrastructure, wrecked starships, and old shipping containers. Additionally, Talinn was overgrown with three-fingered vines and slime-slick fungus.
- "We have a sighting that places Enigma on a Providence-class dreadnought. We're currently investigating rumors that this ship is about to attack Taris."
- ―Wullf Yularen, to the Jedi High Council
At some point in galactic history, Taris suffered from a devastation of some sort, resulting in the surface being littered with ships, many buildings being destroyed, and the atmosphere becoming largely polluted. Although the city ultimately maintained its status as a major urban world, much of its population resorted to living in makeshift homes, many of which were old shipping containers.
Near the end of the Clone Wars, Admiral Wullf Yularen received rumors that Count Dooku's new right-hand "Admiral Enigma" (the fallen Jedi Master Quinlan Vos) was planning to attack Taris with his Providence-class dreadnought. As a result, the Jedi High Council authorized a mission to rescue Vos from Separatist captivity.
Age of the EmpireEdit
Five years after the founding of the Galactic Empire, a ship made a quick jump to Taris before quickly leaving the system for Thustra. The vessel then rendezvoused with a group of rebels, who had commandeered Moff Wilhuff Tarkin's ship, the Carrion Spike. Around the time of the Battle of Scarif, Taris was represented in the Imperial Senate by Senator Tynnra Pamlo.
New Republic eraEdit
In the months following the Battle of Endor, a cabal of dark side adherents known as the Acolytes of the Beyond bought the late Darth Vader's supposed lightsaber, intending to destroy it to return it to its master in death. In 5 ABY, the New Republic operatives Norra Wexley, Sinjir Rath Velus, and Jas Emari lured the bounty hunter Mercurial Swift into a trap on Taris' wasteland. They questioned him for information on Grand Admiral Rae Sloane before releasing him. In response, Swift sought to capture a bounty on Emari's head.
Behind the scenesEdit
Taris made its first entry into canon with the release of the novel Tarkin on November 4, 2014. In the Legends continuity, Taris was created for and first appeared in the 2003 role-playing game video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
- Dark Disciple (Mentioned only)
- Tarkin (First mentioned)
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan (Mentioned only)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath (First appearance)
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- Bloodline (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Tarkin
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Aftermath: Empire's End
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Aftermath
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ Dark Disciple
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic