- "Your Majesty, Viceroy. Presenting Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin."
- ―Tarrik, to Breha and Bail Organa
Tarrik was a male majordomo who served the Organa family in their royal palace on the Core Worlds planet Alderaan. As a well-established part of the palace's staff during the Imperial Era, he was responsible for approving ship requisition requests in the spaceport of the world's capital city, Aldera.
In 3 BBY, the Alderaanian Princess Leia Organa submitted a request for a vessel to use in her upcoming humanitarian mission to the Mid Rim planet Wobani, which Tarrik handled. Some time later, Tarrik escorted the Imperial Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin through Alderaan's royal palace and to a terrace. He announced the Moff's presence to Queen Breha Organa and her husband, Viceroy Bail Organa, who were hosting a dinner party there. The majordomo had a booming voice and felt nervous in the presence of Tarkin.
Behind the scenes
Tarrik first appeared in the new Star Wars canon in Leia, Princess of Alderaan, a 2017 young-adult novel written by Claudia Gray. In the Star Wars Legends continuity, he was introduced in the Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope radio drama, which was broadcast by the National Public Radio from March 2 to May 25 in 1981.
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan (First appearance, simultaneous with Leia, Princess of Alderaan audiobook)
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan audiobook
Notes and references
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places Leia Organa's birth in 19 BBY. The events of Leia, Princess of Alderaan commence just after Organa's sixteenth birthday, which places the events of the novel to 3 BBY.
- Star Wars radio drama
- The Star Wars Poster Book
- Michael C. Keith. The Museum of Broadcast Communications Encyclopedia of RADIO. Christopher H. Sterling, vol. 3, Routledge, 2003-12-02. ISBN 978-1579582494. (web archive)