- "You don't seem fine. You missed at least two clear shots, and that's not like you."
"I took out two others."
"Yeah, but I took out three, and we both know my count beating yours is not normal."
- ―Tarvyn Lareka and Iden Versio
Tarvyn Lareka, designated TK-4601, was a human male who, after graduating from the Imperial Academy, served aboard the Star Destroyer Devastator as a junior member of Darth Vader's personal stormtrooper legion, Vader's Fist. He stunned princess Leia Organa during her capture aboard the Tantive IV above the desert planet Tatooine and told another trooper to inform Vader they had captured a prisoner.
Behind the scenesEdit
Tarvyn Lareka first appeared, albeit unnamed, in the 1977 film Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, the first installment of the Star Wars original trilogy. Christie Golden later confirmed on Twitter that she had included Lareka in her novel Battlefront II: Inferno Squad and that her then upcoming short story in From a Certain Point of View would be focused on Lareka.
Christie Golden also confirmed that Tarvyn Lareka's identification number is a reference to the musical Les Miserables—the lead character of Jean Valjean, while imprisoned, had a prisoner number of 24601.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- Star Wars: Heroes Path
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- "The Bucket"—From a Certain Point of View (First identified as TK-4601)
- From a Certain Point of View audiobook
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad (First identified as Tarvyn Lareka)