- "I do believe that this army will be our finest creation yet. Not a single clone unit has fallen below combat parameters."
- ―Taun We, to Jango Fett
Taun We was a female Kaminoan who served as the administrative aide to Lama Su, the Prime Minister of the planet Kamino. At the behest of Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas, her people accepted the commission to produce a clone army for the Galactic Republic. A decade later, she accompanied Obi-Wan Kenobi during his inspection tour of the clone operation, and also introduced the Jedi Knight to the army's template, Jango Fett.
- "Tell your Council that the first battalions are ready. And remind them, if they need more troops, it will take more time to grow them."
- ―Taun We, to Obi-Wan Kenobi
Taun We was the administrative aide to the Prime Minister of Kamino, Lama Su, during the last years of the Galactic Republic. In the decade between the Naboo Crisis and the outbreak of the Clone Wars, the Kaminoan government utilized its advanced cloning technology to engineer an army of clone soldiers at the behest of the Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas, who foresaw that the Republic would need a proper military for its defense. As a member of the prime minister's administration, We was involved in the army's development.
We kept track of the clone army's progression, noting that not a single clone unit had fallen below combat parameters. She shared this information with Jango Fett, a human bounty hunter who served as the original source of the clone army, while observing clone cadets engaged in training routines. She declared the army to be the Kaminoans' finest creation to date, although Fett felt he had little personal pride in the achievements of We's creations.
In 22 BBY, the Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi traveled to the Kamino during his investigation into an assassination plot against Senator Padmé Amidala. We greeted Kenobi in Tipoca City under the false impression that he came to inspect the cloning operation as an emissary of the Jedi Order. After introducing him to Su, she arranged a meeting between Kenobi and Fett at the Jedi's request.
Before Kenobi's departure from the cloning facility, We confirmed that the first battalions were ready for service, although more units required additional time to complete their growth stage. Shortly thereafter, the Grand Army of the Republic was formed—its ranks consisting of the Kaminoan clone troopers—in response to the military threat of the Confederacy of Independent Systems.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "I should very much like to meet this Jango Fett."
"I would be very happy to arrange it for you."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi and Taun We
Taun We was a Kaminoan female who stood at 2.13 meters. Physically she was notable for her beauty and sylph-like figure. Like other members of her race, We had large black eyes with white pupils. She was proud of the clone troopers developed for the Grand Army of the Republic, believing the army to be the finest creation of her people. She possessed a gentle nature, but was also naive and therefore failed to realize that Obi-Wan Kenobi had been unaware of the clone army's existence prior to his arrival on Kamino.
Behind the scenesEdit
Taun We was voiced by Rena Owen in the 2002 film Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, the second installment of the Star Wars prequel trilogy. In the film, she was portrated as an entirely computer-generated character. Owen performed Taun We's voice on set, wearing a specially modified hardhat with a maquette of the alien's head on top, which provided her co-stars with the proper line-of-sight for talking with the two-meter tall alien.
In her opinion about the character, Rena Owen described Taun We as a creature of love and light, a graceful form that easily glides through life.
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Age of Republic - Jango Fett 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Attack of the Clones Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 2 (Helmets: Boba Fett–Notorious Bounty Hunter) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit