- "Sabotaged? No…Tavoy and Watkins…"
- ―Shara, upon finding Tavoy dead
Tavoy was the name of a pilot in the New Republic's Grey Squadron during the Galactic Civil War. At some point between 11 ABY and 19 ABY, Tavoy participated in a mission to track the Imperial warlord X1 to the planet Dathomir. There, the pilot was killed by an explosive device planted onto Tavoy's X-wing starfighter by an Imperial saboteur.
Service to the New RepublicEdit
- "Imperials and Sith…Can this place get any worse?"
- ―Shara, upon encountering Nightsisters at X1's abandoned base on Dathomir
Tavoy was a pilot serving the New Republic during the Galactic Civil War who became a member of Grey Squadron, a New Republic military unit commanded by the Jedi Knight X2. Sometime between the years 11 ABY and 19 ABY, Grey Squadron participated in a hunt for X2's brother, the Imperial warlord X1. After receiving intelligence reports that X1 operated from a base on the planet Dathomir, X2 led Tavoy and the rest of the squadron on a mission there.
The squadron journeyed to Dathomir in X-wing starfighters and landed in the middle of the planet's swamps to avoid detection. The pilots soon found an Imperial base that had belonged to X1. However, the base had been abandoned by the Empire, and it was being overrun by another faction, the Nightsister clan of the Dathomiri Witches, who battled the few remaining Imperials inside the base's premises.
Victim of a terroristEdit
- "What the—What happened here…?!"
"It looks like someone planted detpacks on our ships, sir."
- ―X2 and a member of Grey Squadron
Tavoy and most of the squadron remained with their ships at the landing site, while X2 and three other squadron members cleared out the base from both the Nightsisters and X1's forces. X2 and Grey Squadron member Shara then went inside the base to extract data from X1's personal computer.
While X2 and Shara were away, one of X1's Imperials infiltrated the squadron's landing site and attached detonation packs on the squadron's X-wings. The explosives then detonated, inflicting heavy casualties for Grey Squadron. Tavoy was killed by the blasts alongside other pilots, including Watkins and Ryder.
The survivors of the attack managed to capture the Imperial saboteur. When X2 and Shara returned to the landing site, they were horrified to witness the result of the terrorist act. Angered at the loss of Tavoy and the other pilots, X2 was overwhelmed with emotion and Force-choked the Imperial, before Shara calmed him down. The survivors of Grey Squadron then destroyed an Imperial-class Star Destroyer orbiting the planet and left Dathomir to continue their search for X1.
Behind the scenesEdit
Tavoy was featured in the Nintendo DS edition of the video game Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron, developed by N-space and released in 2009. Tavoy was briefly mentioned as one of the Grey Squadron pilots killed during the mission to Dathomir, and neither the character's species nor gender was established in the game.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The mission to Dathomir, which featured Tavoy's death in the video game Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron, occurred at some point during the Galactic Civil War and after the formation of the New Jedi Order. According to The New Essential Chronology, the New Jedi Order was established in 11 ABY, while the Galactic Civil War ended in 19 ABY with the signing of the Pellaeon–Gavrisom Treaty.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron (Nintendo DS edition)