Tawss Khaa was a Nimbanel with reddish-brown hair, fair skin and black eyes. In 0 BBY, Khaa was seated in a booth behind the Qiraash Leesub Sirln and the Lutrillian Ownellco at Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina in Mos Eisley spaceport on the planet Tatooine.
The Nimbanel took a sip from a glass as the local moisture farmer Luke Skywalker entered with the droids C-3PO and R2-D2. Khaa was later walking through the streets of Mos Eisley past the entrance to Docking Bay 94 when Skywalker and the droids were entering the docking bay with the Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi and the smuggler Han Solo. Khaa wore a red uniform.
Behind the scenes
Tawss Khaa first appeared in the 1977 original trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. The character's mask was made by creature designer Stuart Freeborn. In the new Star Wars canon, the character was first named in the 2016 reference book Star Wars, Objets du mythe, which was written by Patrice Girod and Arnaud Grunberg. In the Star Wars Legends continuity, the name originated on a card in the 1998 Special Edition Limited set for Star Wars Customizable Card Game. published by Decipher, Inc.
- Star Wars, Objets du mythe (First identified as Tawss Khaa)
Notes and references
- Star Wars, Objets du mythe
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events prior to the Battle of Yavin in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which includes Tawss Khaa's appearance, to 0 BBY.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- * Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Tawss Khaa) (backup link)