The Tector-class Star Destroyer was a class of Star Destroyer in the service of the Imperial Navy. The Harbinger was a ship of this class that participated in the Battle of Endor during the Galactic Civil War, where it was destroyed by the Rebel Alliance.
During the Galactic Civil War, the Tector-class Star Destroyer served within the Imperial Navy. In 4 ABY, the Tector-class vessel Harbinger was part of the Galactic Empire's fleet defending the second Death Star over the Forest Moon of Endor.
After Rebel Alliance forces launched an assault on the seemingly incomplete battle station, the Imperial fleet trapped them, as planned by Emperor Palpatine. Just as the Alliance began attacking the Imperial ships, the rebel freighter Millennium Falcon crossed the hull of a Tector-class Star Destroyer. The Harbinger was later destroyed by advancing rebel vessels, and shortly after, the Death Star itself was destroyed, along with a large portion of the gathered Imperial forces.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Tector-class Star Destroyer appears as a background ship without a hangar in the 1983 film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, although it was unnamed. The ship received a class designation in the new Star Wars canon in "The Levers of Power," a short story written by Jason Fry and included in the 2015 compilation book The Rise of the Empire. On Twitter, Fry stated that he intended the Star Destroyer without a hangar seen in Return of the Jedi to be the Tector-class Harbinger. However, this was not specified in the story itself.
In Star Wars Legends, the Tector class was first mentioned in the 2005 reference book Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections, and first confirmed to be the Star Destroyer without a hangar by Leland Chee on the StarWars.com Message Boards. Chee's declaration built off the Star Wars: Return of the Jedi: The Illustrated Edition novelization, which includes a passage accompanied by concept artwork from Return of the Jedi confirming that the portion of the Tector seen in the film was its belly.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- "The Levers of Power"—The Rise of the Empire (Mentioned only) (First identified as Tector-class Star Destroyer)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 "The Levers of Power"—The Rise of the Empire
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Endor, which appears in the short story "The Levers of Power," to 4 ABY.
- ↑ screenshot) (
- ↑ Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ Star Wars: Return of the Jedi: The Illustrated Edition