- "I've never seen anyone more worthy of my tears! You are a true hero, young Teebo."
- ―Mount Sorrow
Teebo was the star pupil of the Ewok Logray, though he did not succeed him as an Ewok medicine man, as Paploo was the successor chosen by Chief Chirpa. His sound judgment had led to his position as a leader within his tribe. Teebo was also a close friend of Wicket Wystri Warrick. He was son of Batcheela and Warok and the brother of Malani.
Teebo and Wicket shared many adventures growing up, along with their friend Kneesaa a Jari Kintaka. Teebo is also the lover of Latara. Wicket and Teebo once went on a dangerous mission and crossed the Rainbow Bridge to save Kneesaa's life. They also trained a bordok for her as a birthday present.
Once, when Teebo began dabbling in poetry, he plucked a tail feather from a loonee bird and was cursed with the perilous laughing spell. This led the three Ewoks on a journey to the top of Mount Sorrow.
He eventually discovered that Kneesaa, alongside Wicket, had apparently teamed up with the Duloks, causing him to call them out and cite that Chief Chirpa will most likely skin them for it. However, he reluctantly agreed to accompany them, both because Kneesaa still has authority over him due to being a princess, and because they explained that they needed to verify whether Agluk's village had in fact been destroyed by Skull-heads and the Griagh had been unleashed.
Behind the scenes
- "[Teebo] got a little big goofier-looking, more in keeping with his personality, more awkward in his stance."
- ―Ewoks associate producer and story editor Paul Dini describes changes to Teebo's character design in the second season of Star Wars: Ewoks
It is quite probable that Teebo was Force-sensitive, as his master probably was too.
In Return of the Jedi, Teebo has gray striped fur, wears a skull and handles an axe in combat. In the cartoons, Teebo has brown fur and looks much younger.
It seems that Nelvana, when producing Star Wars: Ewoks, may have received misinterpreted biographies, or had names switched for Teebo and Paploo, as the two characters apparently have each other's personalities and physical appearances from Return of the Jedi. If true, this is understandable as the show was created in the early days of Return of the Jedi's characters' backstory writing.
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe (First Edition)
- "Meet Wicket!"—Star Wars Kids 6
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: Teebo)
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 1 (WIC2, Wicket W. Warrick)
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- (Picture only)
- Castaways of Endor (Picture only)
- Roleplaying Game: Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 11
- Star Wars: Head-to-Head Tag Teams
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia