- "That's just Teedo—he wants you for parts. He's no respect for anyone"
- ―Rey after rescuing BB-8 from Teedo
Teedos were a sentient reptilian species native to the planet Jakku, in the Western Reaches. They were diminutive in height and had gray-green skin, most of which was covered in wrappings to protect them from the intense heat of their homeworld.
Teedos made no distinction between individuals, and so each member of the species was simply named Teedo. The species experienced an unknown form of telepathic connection between individuals, and Teedo were known to recall events that happened to other Teedo. They spoke a language called Teedospeak. They worshiped a goddess named R'iia, and believed the violent storms on Jakku were her breath, or X'us'R'iia.
Biology and AppearanceEdit
Teedo were a sentient reptilian species that had scaly gray-green skin. They averaged 28 kilograms in weight and 1.24 meters in height. Although much of their bodies was covered in wrappings and a mask, they had an exposed cranial dome and hands and feet with three digits. Due to the limited water of their homeworld, Jakku, they had a system of filters and tubes which reclaimed most of their bodies' water for recycling.
It appeared that they experienced an unknown form of telepathic communication between individuals, and Teedo could know things that were experienced by other Teedo.
Society and CultureEdit
Fiercely territorial, Teedos lived as scavengers, and they prowled the wastes of Jakku. They were secretive and suspicious of outsiders, often fighting with other scavengers over machinery that could be salvaged for sale. As scavengers, they were capable machanics and tinkerers, and were gifted in finding useful things in their homeworld. They were treated with respectful caution by the residents of Jakku, due to their unpredictable nature.
In order to protect themselves against Jakku's heat, Teedos wore protective wrappings that covered much of their bodies. They made no distinction between individuals, and none had names, with each being known simply as Teedo. They often rode luggabeasts, beasts of burden that were cybernetically enhanced for greater endurance. Teedos carried ionization spears which could stun or kill. They lived in trapdoor tunnel systems.
Teedo in the galaxyEdit
Shortly before the battle of Jakku, former Rebellion member Brentin Lore Wexley and former Grand Admiral Rae Sloane asked some Teedos if they knew anything regarding the mysterious head of the Shadow Council, Gallius Rax, who they were attempting to locate. They knew nothing of use.
In the New Republic era, a Teedo operated near a Starship Graveyard, there in the wake of the battle of Jakku. In 34 ABY, he had captured the astromech droid BB-8, but it was rescued by fellow scavenger Rey. The next morning, Teedo and two other bandits attempted to steal BB-8 from Rey as they left her home for Niima Outpost. Rey was able to escape Teedo by forcing him to follow her into a crashed Star Destroyer, where his speeder bike was eaten by a nightwatcher worm. He wore a mask, and like many Teedo, he rode a luggabeast.
Behind the scenesEdit
Teedos were created with the Niima Outpost Teedo for the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which was released on December 18, 2015, though they first were shown and named by Entertainment Weekly in an exclusive digital trading card. For The Force Awakens, Teedo was portrayed by Kiran Shah in a suit, and voiced by David Acord.
- Star Wars: Force Collection
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Rey's Survival Guide
- Ultimate Sticker Collection: Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Set: 75148 Encounter on Jakku)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- The Adventures of BB-8
- Star Wars: ABC-3PO
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Builders: Droids
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope & Courage
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy From A To Z
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Head-to-Head
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- ↑ Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- ↑ Rey's Survival Guide
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Aftermath: Empire's End
- ↑ Before the Awakening
- ↑ Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "BB-8 Bandits"
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Breznican, Anthony (August 12, 2015). Star Wars: The Force Awakens: J.J. Abrams explains what's in a name. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on June 10, 2017.