- "So, you have a twin sister? Your feelings have now betrayed her too."
- ―Darth Vader uses telepathy to read Luke Skywalker's thoughts and learn of the existence of his daughter, Leia Organa
Telepathy was the ability to mentally communicate with other individuals. Some Force-users were able to communicate with each other through the Force, and the Iktotchi Jedi Master Saesee Tiin was a naturally superior telepath. The Jedi Padawan Luke Skywalker was able to call out to his twin sister Leia Organa using telepathy when he needed rescuing on Cloud City, as did Darth Vader to convince Luke to turn to the dark side and learn that she was his daughter. Although not true telepaths, the Mahran species were able to faintly sense the emotions of others. The disembodied B'omarr monks, who remained alive as bottled brains mounted on spider-like droid legs, communicated telepathically, with the help of a telepath response unit. Kylo Ren was also an experienced telepath, capable of extracting information from even unwilling targets. Telepathy was amongst the powers of Supreme Leader Snoke, whom had achieved a great mastery of it. Telepathy among the Chiss was known as Second Sight. The power typically manifested in young Chiss Force-sensitives around the age of ten and faded as they grew older, along with other Force powers. When used to touch the mind of another Chiss with the same power, Second Sight carried the risk that both would become lost in each other's minds. The navigator Vah'nya possessed the skill and used it to connect with the memories of Un'hee, another Chiss Force-sensitive.
Telepathy could be difficult for a Jedi to use, and on a mission to Mokivj, Anakin Skywalker trapped in a cell, could feel the presence of his wife, Padmé Amidala but could not speak to her with his mind, responding it didn't work that way when urged to contact her by Thrawn. Mace Windu was able to send a telepathic message to his Jedi space fleet many planets away from the catacomb lair of Guattako on the planet Oosalon.
- "The Weapon"—Age of Republic Special 1
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell"
- Dark Disciple (Mentioned only)
- Thrawn: Alliances (Indirect mention only)
- Thrawn: Treason (as Second Sight)
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization (Mentioned only)
- The Rise of Kylo Ren 2 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Force Collector (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Secrets of the Jedi
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ Dark Disciple
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Thrawn: Treason
- ↑ Thrawn: Alliances
- ↑ "The Weapon"—Age of Republic Special 1