Tellanroaeg was an Outer Rim Territories astronomical object. It was located on the Corellian Run super-hyperroute in the Gaulus sector. During the Clone Wars, Tellanroaeg became the site of a battle between the forces of the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. In 19 BBY, Order 66, a contingency order issued to the clone commanders of the Grand Army of the Republic, reached Tellanroaeg.
Description[edit | edit source]
Tellanroaeg was an astronomical object located in the Tellanroaeg system, a part of the Outer Rim Territories' Gaulus sector. The Corellian Run super-hyperroute linked it to the planet Ryloth.
History[edit | edit source]
During the first campaigns of the Clone Wars in 22 BBY, Tellanroaeg lay within the sphere of influence of the sentient Hutt species. By that time, the Fourteenth Sector Army of the Galactic Republic was charged with engaging the military forces of the Confederacy of Independent Systems in Tellanroaeg's vicinity.
The area Tellanroaeg was located in was still under the control of the Hutts by 19 BBY, by which time the Confederacy fortified the celestial body as one of its holdings during the Outer Rim Sieges phase of the Clone Wars. The Republic laid siege to Tellanroaeg around that time, with the site experiencing major combat.
In 19 BBY, the Republic Supreme Chancellor Palpatine issued Order 66, a contingency order instructing the clone commanders of the Grand Army of the Republic to execute their Jedi superior officers. The order was received by clone commanders on various battlefronts across the galaxy, including Tellanroaeg. By 17 BBY, Tellanroaeg was situated within the borders of space controlled by the Galactic Empire.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas and the 2012 reference book The Essential Guide to Warfare place the Tellanroaeg system, and therefore the celestial body Tellanroaeg, on the Corellian Run super-hyperroute within grid square S-17. That territory corresponds to a section of the Gaulus sector, according to The Essential Atlas Extra: Outer Rim Sectors. However, the Star Wars: The Essential Atlas Online Companion instead places the Tellanroaeg system in the Hunnoverrs sector, which this article assumes to be erroneous.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith novelization (First mentioned)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Tellanroaeg system — Based on corresponding data for
- The Essential Atlas and The Essential Guide to Warfare place the Tellanroaeg system, and therefore Tellanroaeg, on the Corellian Run super-hyperroute within grid square S-17, which corresponds to a section of the Gaulus sector, according to .
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare — Based on corresponding data for Tellanroaeg system
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith novelization
- The New Essential Chronology dates the issuance of Order 66 to 19 BBY.
- Republic Commando: True Colors