- "There's…too many of them!"
- ―Lieutenant Telsij
Lieutenant Telsij was a Human male Y-wing pilot and a lieutenant who served in Gray Squadron during the Galactic Civil War. At the Battle of Endor, he flew as Gray Two in a Y-Wing, acting as Colonel Horton Salm's wingman. He was one of only four pilots to survive an attack on the Imperial Academy of Carida. His gunner at Endor was Karie Neth. When TIE fighters began to attack the Rebel starfighters in space, Telsij cried out that they were being overwhelmed. Despite the overwhelming numbers of Imperial fighters, the Rebellion emerged victorious and both Telsij and Neth survived the battle.
Behind the scenesEdit
In 1999, his action figure was released by Hasbro, and included in the "Rebel Pilots Cinema Scenes". It was mistakenly named Arvel Crynyd and although the helmet shape on the action figure matched the movie version of Telsij, the pattern on it was different too.
In 2000, his name Lieutenant Telsij first appeared, in a card game set released by Decipher.
The actor who portrayed him has been identified as Eiji Kusuhara, who also starred in Eyes Wide Shut and died in 2010.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Lieutenant Telsij)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Gray Squadron 2)
- (as "Arvel Crynyd")
- "Ask Lobot"—Star Wars Insider 118 (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Action Figure Collection