- "Sir, the temperature's dropping too rapidly."
- ―A Rebel lieutenant
On the planet of Hoth, the temperature in summer, the hottest season, only crawled up to about 10 degrees below freezing. In contrast, the temperatures on Tatooine were so high that only a small part of the planet's northern hemisphere could sustain intelligent life. The boiling surface of Bespin, a gas giant, bubbled at a constant six thousand degrees.
Frequent orbital bombardments and beam-weapon assaults could affect the atmosphere of a planet to the point of increasing the temperature of that world's seas, potentially killing many of the organisms they contained.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 23 (Databank A-Z: Hassk Triplets–Holograms)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 24 (Databank A-Z: The HoloNet–General Hux)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 29 (Highlights of the Saga: The Empire Strikes Back!)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 32 (Highlights of the Saga: Attack of the Wampa)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 35 (Weapons & Uniforms: Ready for Action)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 40 (Helmets: In Pictures)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 41 (Helmets: In Pictures)
- Star Wars Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- "Battle of Hoth and the Second Death Star" – Star Wars Encyclopedia