Ten Numb was a male Sullustan starfighter pilot that flew for the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War. During the Battle of Endor, he flew a B-wing starfighter under the callsign Blue Five.
Ten Numb was a male Sullustan bounty hunter hailing from the planet Sullust. Numb sought to use his expertise in demolitions to aid the Alliance to Restore the Republic in their fight against the Galactic Empire.
Ten Numb was one of a few Sullustan pilots that flew at the Battle of Endor, including his friend Nien Nunb who also flew at the Battle of Endor as Lando Calrissian's co-pilot on board the Millenium Falcon. Ten Numb, on the other hand, was assigned to Blue Squadron, piloting a B-wing starfighter under the callsign Blue Five. During the assault, Numb led Blue Squadron in an attack against Imperial command ships, resulting in the destruction of two Imperial Star Destroyers. Numb survived the engagement and was one of a number of pilots to join the festivities at Bright Tree Village on the Forest Moon below.[source?]
Behind the scenes
Ten Numb was portrayed by creature technician Mike Quinn in the 1983 film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. An unscripted scene of Ten Numb inside a B-wing cockpit was filmed for Return of the Jedi; however, the scene was deleted. In the shot, Numb could be seen wearing a green uniform, instead of the red B-wing suit seen in the film.
Ten Numb is often confused with another Sullustan pilot - Nien Nunb.[source?]
Early Star Wars media mistakenly portrayed Ten Numb as having a white suit. This confusion may have been caused by early preproduction photos from Return of the Jedi featuring Ten Numb wearing a white outfit. The "incorrect" photos of Ten Numb have since been digitally recolored to better match his film appearance.
- (Picture only)
- "Star Wars Style: Return of the Jedi, Part 5"—Star Wars Insider 157
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Ten Numb (★★★))
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 26 (Helmets: Y-wing Pilot) (as Ten Nunb)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 37 (Databank A-Z: Luggabeast–Malakili) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit (Card: ) (Reissued in A/SF-01 B-Wing Expansion Pack)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 57 (Helmets: Wedge Antilles) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 67 (Helmets: B-wing Pilot)
- (First identified as Ten Numb)
- (Picture only)