- "I was telling them the tale of when you faced the giant terentatek on Kashyyyk. What a terrible beast it was."
- ―An illusory Dooku, to Yoda
Terentatek were large, brutish creatures covered in spines. Although similar to rancors, they were typically smaller than them. Their heads, crowned by a number of long spikes, featured two small eyes, a large mouth filled with sharp fangs flanked by two tusks, and a downward pointed chin. Their upper limbs ended in three clawed digits. The color of their rough-looking skin ranged from mottled-brown to blue with yellow patches.
Terentateks hunted individuals sensitive to the Force to feed on their blood. Using their highly poisonous tusks and claws in combat, they were known for their viciousness. According to Count Dooku, however, they were not very intelligent.
Terentateks came from the forest floors of Kashyyyk, a planet of the Mytaranor sector, in the galaxy's Mid Rim. Some individuals believed that they derived from rancors transformed by the dark side of the Force, or that they were the result of some experiment by the Sith.
On one occasion, Jedi Master Yoda and his apprentice Dooku faced a terentatek. Years later, while Yoda was trying to pass through the Valley of Extinction without emotion and attachment, an illusory Dooku mentioned their encounter with the terentatek. At the time of the Galactic Civil War, the former Imperial senator and big game hunter Johhar Kessen owned a terentatek's head mounted as a trophy.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Mentioned only) (DLC)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destiny" (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Commander (First appearance) (Head only) (Appears in artwork)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills
- (Picture only)