Taneel was a member of the powerful House Taneel, and was surprisingly forward-thinking compared to isolationist Senex aristocrats. She was one of the Loyalist senators to greet the rescued Supreme Chancellor Palpatine on the landing platform after the Battle of Coruscant.
Bail Organa and Mon Mothma noted her idealism and invited her to take part in their quiet resistance. Taneel also became close friends with Chi Eekway Papanoida, another senator that she felt was too impetuous and naïve for such harsh times. However, she developed a suspicion that Eekway held a secret ambition to rise above her politically, and kept a close and wary eye on Eekway's meeting with Baron Notluwiski Papanoida at the Galaxies Opera House.
Són Halliikeenovich of House Halliikeenovich, an unimportant noble house in Juvex sector, hoped to gain his House prestige by marrying Taneel and joining their Houses. If she returned his interest, it was not obvious to the public.
Behind the scenes
Taneel was portrayed by director George Lucas' eldest daughter, Amanda Lucas, in the 2005 film Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, the final installment of the Star Wars prequel trilogy. In April 2003, George Lucas discussed with the costume designer Trisha Biggar the need for four female Senatorial outfits, including one for Amanda and another for her sister Katie. Ultimately, Katie was given the part of Chi Eekway Papanoida and Amanda the part of Terr Taneel.
- Labyrinth of Evil (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith novelization
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith unabridged audiobook
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary
- Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- "Who's Who in the Delegation of 2000" – Star Wars Insider 85
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Classic Moment" – Star Wars Insider 125 (Misspelled as "Terr Teneel")